In need of Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

imMonkeyGOD

Alright I'm done with everything from Pepakura to fiberglassing on the helmet, now what?

I'm planning to buy some body filler and the visor (20$ on Ebay!? ZOMG)

But I really have no idea what to do with Body Filler (bondo) Is it like clay? Is it bad to apply it everywhere? (Which is what I plan to do to make a less polygon figure and a smoother surface.

Also, I have a problem of the visor, I only resin it twice, did not fiberglass on it but when I need to take it off, its nearly impossible. Any suggestions?

isn't the visor supposed to stay in there?

and i would bondo ditches to make it look rounder, and bondo insides of sharp corners so you can sand the outside without making a hole in the helmet or any armor piece.

hope it helps.

imMonkeyGod,

Yup it sounds like you will want to sand and apply body filler to the helmet.

imMonkeyGOD said:
But I really have no idea what to do with Body Filler (bondo)
To help you better understand what Body Filler is and how to use it:<ul>[*]Body Filler 101[*]Tutorial: Using Bondo for Detailing[/list]
imMonkeyGOD said:
Alright I'm done with everything from Pepakura to fiberglassing on the helmet, now what?
Is it like clay?
Body filler is a putty that starts out goopy and stinky like about everything in armor making .
It's not like clay in the fact that you can't mold it specifically. Also, it's important to note that it adheres better to porous, gritted surfaces. When it's hardened you can detail and sand it into a nice porcelain-like finish.

imMonkeyGOD said:
Is it bad to apply it everywhere? (Which is what I plan to do to make a less polygon figure and a smoother surface.
Body Filler is a much heavier material than fiberglass so you should probably use just enough to smooth the edges. Apply a little at a time. It's easier to add than to take away...bondo loves to gunk up your sander of choice hehe.

imMonkeyGOD said:
Also, I have a problem of the visor, I only resin it twice, did not fiberglass on it but when I need to take it off, its nearly impossible. Any suggestions?
Ah so you resined the paper visor along with everything else but now you are ready to replace it with the real deal. To cut through that resined part I'd suggest using either:
  1. a mat knife (like a box cutter) or
  2. a dremel tool
Either could work, it just kinda depends how thick the layers of resin were and what your supplies are.

I hope that helps :)

:devil:
-Vex

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back