In regards to what happened last night in Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

Ladies and gentlemen of the 405th, I request your audience.

Given the current geopolitical climate, I feel we need to have a short chat about expectations with the 405th and how we communicate with others.

We tend to be very open about our communications, and from what I've seen there are few topics that are untouchable as long as it is discussed with grace and civility. Some of us, myself included, sometimes need reminders.

In the past week I have seen jokes flying about in our discord server about Russia and Ukraine. I made a joke or two, not considering what I was doing. The chat was halted, we had a short discussion about it, and discussed how to move forward.

Russia invaded Ukraine last night. This was foreseeable for people paying attention to the news, but it doesn't dampen the impact of anyone who is living in that area. That said, I have a few things I would like you all to keep in mind.

1. Keep in mind that we are a global organization. Just because you aren't having a bad day, doesn't mean someone on the other side of the planet isn't.

2. Be courteous to your fellow humans. As humans, some of us can find humor in the darkest of places. Don't let that place be here. Don't scare someone off in the middle of their crisis for a little laugh.

3. I've said this before but I will say it again, be human. Always be human.

My heart is heavy for the people of Ukraine, and it genuinely hurts in this situation. Lets be respectful about it.

FANGS asked me to include this message: Please remember that it is one of the core community guidelines of the 405th that we do not discuss topics like politics, religion or social issues. Not only can they be very polarizing and lead to heated debates but they also just don't belong. This is our hobby and our place away from the realities of real life, as harsh as they can often be. Please be very mindful of that and keep your discussions, whether it be here or on one of our social media platforms, away from those topics.

3. I've said this before but I will say it again, be human. Always be human.

Hey PapaBraus, I agree with you 110%!!! We are a cosplay group not a political forum...... Unfortunately, just being human is the problem. Let me explain and I'll try not to make it as clear as mud:

People do what people do because that is what people do....... Now let that sink in for a bit...... it can be applied to just about everything and everyone. Switch the word people with cats, with fire, with food, with parent(s)...... change the wording a bit and it fits......so when it comes to humans....... humans do what humans do because that is what humans do......be it good or bad, positive or negative, right or wrong, however you want to word it, but people will eventual show their stupid side.... not all of them but the ones that do or say the stupid things usually get the most press and we all hear about it. Its unfortunate that the ones that have the "good" to say get pushed to page 3 in the newspaper.
That being said, yes we should be mindful of what we say, but don't be shocked by the ones that don't....they ARE out there.....they just don't have their brains engaged before they put their mouths in gear......there's being human......and then there is being humane.......its 2 different things.

That being said, yes we should be mindful of what we say, but don't be shocked by the ones that don't....they ARE out there.....they just don't have their brains engaged before they put their mouths in gear......there's being human......and then there is being humane.......its 2 different things.
Aye brother. Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back