Inconsistancies in Halo : the flood 2010 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Hello,

spotted some major flaws in the cover art in the 2010 re-release of "the flood" .

halotheflood.jpg

Notice the mk VI armor and the smgs. If anyone else has spotted incosistancies or typos in this book please post them here.

Jacob

Attachments

• halotheflood.jpg
    halotheflood.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 181
not too surprised about the image, often the person who does the cover art hasn't read the book (not hta tthings would be hard to figure out in theis instance lol )

So what are they supposedly changing in this re-release? trying to fix things after breaking cannon with the retconn in REach? lol

he has got a mkIV helm but a mkV chest the people who play the game know more than the cover artists my 5 year old cousin pointed this out to me when i wen't over his house

not too surprised about the image, often the person who does the cover art hasn't read the book (not hta tthings would be hard to figure out in theis instance lol )

So what are they supposedly changing in this re-release? trying to fix things after breaking cannon with the retconn in REach? lol

So true. I think the artist should research the subject before makeing a cover. I think they are jsut updating thigs that were unexplained at the time of the original release of this book. Breaking cannon in reach? what do you mean?

MAinly, the covers are just there to entice the reader. The Star Wars, X-wing series cover art is great, but inaccurate paint schemes. It really doesn't matter. Can't judge a book by its cover...

They changed the cover to Fall of Reach and the same thing happened >.> I was slightly annoyed when I saw that- don't know about First Strike though

i hate the new covers for the books. take a look at fall of reach...
(new)-
Halo-Fall-of-Reach-TP-small.jpg

(old)-
halo-3-fall-of-reach.jpg

And now there changing the cover for the flood....

(new)-
halotheflood.jpg

(old)-
797094.jpg

In my opinion the old ones look fine.

Attachments

• halo-3-fall-of-reach.jpg
    halo-3-fall-of-reach.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 206
  • halotheflood.jpg
    halotheflood.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 797094.jpg
    797094.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 211
Not to lie I hated the flood no disrespect but if I wanted to read that book ill play halo ce I don't much care for them re-releasing the old books why not new ones? At least like a odst pov book but weber I like the old stuff and new not the flood one cuz the stuff mentioned.

Having formerly worked in the illustration business I can tell you that illustrators often know nothing of the book, product, or idea they're illustrating. They're given a few guidelines to follow, receive a few critiques, then the finished product is either approved or rejected. While I don't like the armor used in the illustrations on the newer books, I think they look a little cleaner (less cluttered).

But there's only one that's titled "Halo Graphic Novel" ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Graphic-...3784/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289321061&sr=8-1

I really enjoyed the books, but the comic about the female Spartan II who quit to raise a family, then tested the Mark VI armor for John before returning to being a soccer mom was probably the worst bit of Halo fiction I've come across.

It was wasnt it! The first time I read this I was like...Wait a minute, A SPARTAN quit to START A -frick-ing FAMILY! WHAT THE EFF!! I Dont think anyone else has ever questioned it. But Gosh darn it its about time!

about the book: DID NOT READ. no disrespect to william but I am a huge halo CE fan and I can not go for books telling me what happened when the game came out first. same with then the book came out before the game (that's right, I said it, fall of reach is right and Halo: reach is wrong) other than this book I have read every other book and the only things non game coherent is the amazing things they do with their neural implants and the Eric Nylund thinking you can fit 75 8 yr olds in a pelican (oh and the fact the pelicans had hatches, which they did not till halo 3) and, also, as a writer of a halo book myself (see my thread) would like to have a cannon cover art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back