Inner Helmet Details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Earth

Member DIN
S698
Hey guys,

I was curious if anyone has any source materials for the inner helmet details? I think it would be a nice touch to add to some helmets!

Thanks!

Do you mean like... inside the helmet?

I'll take a look in the various art books I have since I seem to recall a cross section of a Mk VI helmet image in one of them.

There's also the other more painful option of going frame by frame in cutscenes when characters pop their lids on/off.

It might also be possible to rip the helmet models, but it's probably only possible to do so using either Halo 4 or 5 as I don't recall any meaning full helmet removal in the Bungie games. There's the legendary scene from Halo CE, but the inside of the helmet held no details.

It might also be possible to rip the helmet models, but it's probably only possible to do so using either Halo 4 or 5 as I don't recall any meaning full helmet removal in the Bungie games. There's the legendary scene from Halo CE, but the inside of the helmet held no details.
And the guy that took off the helmet was wearing another one underneath...

Most of the helmets have a rubber ribbed section in the inside as seen below
1569259943370.png

This image the section seems to extend past the jaw area, like a motorcycle jaw guard.
1569259955622.png

This one seems to stay in the neck region.

Besides that, the inside of the helmet is actually just a texture. There is no interior.

However, if you have a visor, the interior of the helmet should technically have a frame inside it that holds the visor, with the opening (barrier, rim, whatever) running around the same rough area as it is on the exterior of the helmet. Like as seen in Halo ODST

1569260442162.png

Really besides the jaw, the interior is entirely up to you.

Another thing is the little mechanical parts seen in halo 4 on the outer rim of the visor. I think they're supposed to act as projectors for the HUD.

Here's Halo 5's concept for chiefs

1569261225816.png

I’m trying to see something I think it would be a great addition to a helmet. Just an extra unique touch.

You could always buy a cheap or used motorcycle helmet and gut it for all the interior padding. I don't think I've ever seen details on the inside of a build before so you would definitely be one of the few to ever do it! Cant wait to see what you come up with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back