Introduction and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

warthog117

Hello! Excited to join the 405th I just recently got into Cosplay and have been working a halo 4 inspired master chief suit.

I work full time as a product design engineer in Michigan, and also desgin custom metal fabrication solutions for offroad vehicles. This is the first time I've worked with plastic fabrication and I am super hyped! I've been passionate about Halo Franchise since Halo 3 and have gone back to play the originals and still play the newer games.

I'll share the progress on my build so far and welcome any advice you provide.

For this build I wanted it to look amazing and authentic to the game. Since I didn't have a lot of time to research this myself I decided to commission the amor pieces.
Thank you Evakura Armor, and Johnson Arm Props!

The armor is going to be raw castings built for a 6'4"-6'8" person as I am 6'8" i fit the body model fairly close.
I currently have all the tools i need to prep and finish the castings as well as the paint.
The castings should be coming in within the next few weeks.

There are currently 3 questions that I have
1. What are the best methods to attach castings to the suit after painting?

2. What artical of clothing is good to use for an undershirt to hold the armor?

3. What is the best way to attach visors?
I already have the helmet however the visor is very blurry and I can barely see out of it,
I also usually wear glasses so that doesn't help the blurriness either.
I want to fix the visor so It is gold on the outside and I can easily see out of front.

Thank you soo much for letting me join this group and I can't wait to meet halo fans with the similar passions in this franchise!

Thank you!
#hyped for halo 6!

Hello! Excited to join the 405th I just recently got into Cosplay and have been working a halo 4 inspired master chief suit.

I work full time as a product design engineer in Michigan, and also desgin custom metal fabrication solutions for offroad vehicles. This is the first time I've worked with plastic fabrication and I am super hyped! I've been passionate about Halo Franchise since Halo 3 and have gone back to play the originals and still play the newer games.

I'll share the progress on my build so far and welcome any advice you provide.

For this build I wanted it to look amazing and authentic to the game. Since I didn't have a lot of time to research this myself I decided to commission the amor pieces.
Thank you Evakura Armor, and Johnson Arm Props!

The armor is going to be raw castings built for a 6'4"-6'8" person as I am 6'8" i fit the body model fairly close.
I currently have all the tools i need to prep and finish the castings as well as the paint.
The castings should be coming in within the next few weeks.

There are currently 3 questions that I have
1. What are the best methods to attach castings to the suit after painting?

2. What artical of clothing is good to use for an undershirt to hold the armor?

3. What is the best way to attach visors?
I already have the helmet however the visor is very blurry and I can barely see out of it,
I also usually wear glasses so that doesn't help the blurriness either.
I want to fix the visor so It is gold on the outside and I can easily see out of front.

Thank you soo much for letting me join this group and I can't wait to meet halo fans with the similar passions in this franchise!

Thank you!
#hyped for halo 6!
I wont be able to help you here as I dont have enough experiance in this field, and my foam armor is lightweight enough to be held up by friction without moving or sliding down. I have seen people use snaps and clips, aswell as harnesses and different supports to hold everything up.

For the halo 4 and 5 undersuits, it is usually harder to replicate with just regular clothing, so you may need to commission one or sew it yourself. You also have the option if using foam or other materials to replicate it to a fabric or morph suit.

What type of visor are you using? Is it dyed, tinted, or still clear? Hotglue by itself can usually get the job done fine

Thanks for the input!

I'm leaning towards some harness and clips with a padded compression suit to hold it together. The suit itself is about 35lbs so definitely heavier than foam but not terrible.

For the visor I have is a 3 layers the first part is clear and glued to the helmet in the shape. The second layer is tinted and the third makes the honeycomb design in the visor.
My issue is not only tint but the visible portion has some "dents/ angles that distort the shape. I have some ideas to fix the dents but wanted input before tearing apart the expensive helmet. I do love the look of the helmet I just want it to be more functional for use.
I can take a picture of the inside to show these layers once I get home tonight
20190730_180921.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back