Iron Man Armor, 3D Maya Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarx Industries said:
I know I know.... pics or it didn't happen.

I do have some news though, The Helmet is done, as is the cod and neck, with the chest close behind. I heard from a secret source I am getting a printer under the tree (finally) so I can start to actually build my mesh and see how it comes out.

I will get pics up soon, it's a matter of getting to a computer with windows so i can open the PDO.

Gotta say mate, this is the best ive seen, bin tryin for ages on my own but just cant seem to get a decent pep file for the whole chest and back plate together, I know there is one knocking around which is similar to the halo one but with a whole in the front but yours is amazing, cant believe the amount of detail you put into it, and I would love to have a go at this when you have the pep files ready, Keep up the good work pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey peeps,

been out of the loop for a bit, busy with school, this art class is killing me on time. I can sorta tell a lots been happening while i've been gone, but I can admitingly say I don't know what. I know superman, and juice have the files, but im unsure if they have done any unfolding work. hopefully when this class is over, the next wont be so time consuming.

Loving the Progress pics. Wonderful work. Couple questions though- First, Are you going to make some kind of under-armor support rig? Second, For the boots, are you going to make them movie accurate (the scenes when stark is making the boots and doing flight tests)on the inside, and then have something covering them to make them look like the Mark 3 version?

This is really good and the Masya work is spot on for a high-poly model. I am a Max artist myself so I undertsand what you go through. :) If I might recommend a few things...

-- The helmet may need to be cut a little, poly-wise (I do not currently have a working grasp of Pepakura and unfolding so I reach a little). I'm a minimalist at heart from years of game art design.

-- The chest might need a little V-ing from shoulders down through the Lats and to the waist with a little flair of hip to accent things.

-- The shins might need a little adjustment in thickness to allow the curving front shin to stay and still keep the human leg in mind.

Honestly, though opinionated, I give it a 8/10 with a definite thumbs up for your talent. Great job!

I sent you a couple pieces unfolded a while back, but you didn't reply. I moved on to other things. Do you still need me to work on it? What pieces are left to do?

If you need anyone new for unfolding send me a message. I havent done any unfolds for anyone so far but I know a little bit about it and I love you model so I'm willing to give it a try. However, I may not be your first choice for obvious reasons. Anyways, Im always here, this is a community...

hello everyone,

Juice: The only pieces I have are the ones you sent me.... we talked about my absence, so again I apologize.

Carnage: As you undoubebly know, you are more than welcome to the files.

Everyone: I guess I will leave it up to you all if we continue useing this thread or not, but in lieu of recent events I have released my mesh for you all to use, unfold, keep as a pet, or sleep with.....if your into that kida thing......I won't judge. :eek

you can find information about that here:CLICK ME

hello everyone,

Juice: The only pieces I have are the ones you sent me.... we talked about my absence, so again I apologize.

Carnage: As you undoubebly know, you are more than welcome to the files.

Everyone: I guess I will leave it up to you all if we continue useing this thread or not, but in lieu of recent events I have released my mesh for you all to use, unfold, keep as a pet, or sleep with.....if your into that kida thing......I won't judge. :eek

here is a repost of what I placed in Carnage's thread:

Hello peeps,

Some of you know me, and others do not. For thoes who do not, I am the creater of the yet to be released Clarx Ironman files. In lieu of recent events I wish to share what my plans "Were" in reguards to the files. I was impressed by the tallent of a cirtian individuals ability to model, so I was going to take the best of my files, and merge them with the best of his into a sort of.....super file set... if you please.

Well because of the reason we all find ourself in this thread, there is no need to deal with this individual as we have the files right here (thank you Carnage).

With all that said, I am going to be releasing my files here and now. I am not a pepakura user, never have, dont even have the program, so what I am releasing is my 3D Mesh. I have taken the liberty of cleanning up a bit the HD files found here, and they are included broken out side by side with my mesh. I have formated the files 3 ways. a XXXXX.mb or maya binanry, XXXXX.obj for almost all 3d Programs, and XXXXX.fbx that can be used to import maya files into 3ds.

The hopes are for thoes interested to blend the two meshes together. I think there are very good parts to the HD mesh, but I also see issues.. For example the spine on my mesh is more acurate (from what I have seen) than the HD files. but likwise I like the way the upper thighs are done when compared to my mesh. You get the point.

I appreciate all thoes who in turn appreciate my talents. I know what I know because thats what I go to shool for, "Computer Animation" however, I am still in school and find it hard at times to give proper attentione to projects like this. I think my mesh has alot to offer this community, and this way it is now all of yours to show me what you can do.

enjoy

4300519638_6b11c5eb06_o.png

Maya Binary Download

OBJ Download

FBX Download

Clarx mesh broken into 6 parts as Obj for direct unfold in pepakura: :Download

This is the best 3d Model of the IM suit i've found so far. I noticed something about the head thought it seems that it is based on the concept art (#2) and not the movie version (i.e. the faceplate cover's sides). Other than that this is great!

Yes very nice model but very skinny, if you get the parts wide enough there quit a bit too long. I've mixed parts form here but you really can't use them straight up. ;)

This is a really good model. Now that I have the password for pepakura, I can try my hand at unfolding. I already have the helmet put together so I will start with the torso. Can't wait to see how this all turns out. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back