Iron Man Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody tell me how I can Stiffen/Harden my armor WITHOUT resin and fiberglass? Any Ideas? Thanks for help!

You have two options that I can think of off hand, but I wouldn't say they are permanent/durable solutions.

Upva glue (white glue/wood glue). It dries clear and would add some ridgity to the pieces, not enough to with-stand any crushing.

You could layer the inside with newspaper then upva glue, then newspaper and so on. This would make the pieces a lot, lot stronger.

Clear wood varnish, as above but will take a little longer to dry.

I was just thinking... Aside from the paper mache, Use durham's water putty (or polish equivilent) and once it's somewhat dry, smother it in white or wood glue. a layer of about 3-4cm should be all you need. I'll be testing the theory out soon... I'll PM you if i get good results.

I like it! You're working on this so fast... I bounce around from project to project, and as a result, nothing ever gets done. :pKeep it up!

Hey Boba Fett, Give me a month or 2 months and this armor will be ready ;] I must finish it before Iron Man 2 Film will be in theaters.

DylanMarx, im using 3 or 4 other pep files. I can send you them if you want.

Hmm... Fast update with stiffening my crotch piece.

Now this is ugly, but when I paper-mache this it will be looks better.

Buxzzix said:
Hey Boba Fett, Give me a month or 2 months and this armor will be ready ;] I must finish it before Iron Man 2 Film will be in theaters.

DylanMarx, im using 3 or 4 other pep files. I can send you them if you want.

Please do, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that is coming out great. If your interested or anyone else is im parting out what I have left of my iron man suit. I understand we cant sell anything on this site so I am willing to trade it for something else equal to what I have. this is what is up for trade or if you would like to work something out pm me. ty and keep it up man doing great work.

Sorry sidewayz I dot wat to trade. I want to make armor by myself. When I finish this armor, i will make a High Quality armor with Fiberglass and Resin.

ok sounds great, just thought I would extend the offer since I have some left over parts. Let me know if I can help bud.

Hello Again. Sorry for no updates but mu net was crashed. My camera (I dont know why) doesnt want to make picturs. I have finished paper-mache layer on Chest, Back, Arms, Biceps, Shoulders, Cod and Stomag piece in 40%. Now, can anybody tell me what base color i can use for paint my armor? Meybe grey, dark grey or light grey or somthing else. Tell me plz. Greetz from my site.

do you mean a primer? Or the red base coat? Prime it in a medium to light grey, and check for flaws, like if you have something wrong with the paper mache or such. Once done, spray on a red or chrome orange for the first color, then do the other one for a 2-tone scheme.

Helo again! I painted basic color on my shoulder bells. Now they drying. When they dy i will test them

Here is a photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back