Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey sharkhead, ive just finished your iron man mk vi helm, and i gotta say its fantastic! it took me about three days to do, but it got there! you have a gift man!

This thread is leaking so much pure awesomeness, that I can't be a lurker anymore.

This helmet is great! It will be my first pep build, so I am a bit nervous. I did build the tester helmet, however, i can fit it on without cutting it any place. However, I do have to pull it apart somewhat near the ears in order to fit my head in. Is this too big? Should I do a new tester in a smaller scale? I read earlier on the thread that I shouldn't be able to fit the helmet on at all without first cutting a slit somewhere on the helmet. How much free space should I have in the helmet, to compensate for fiber glass and resin thickness?

BTW, sharkhead, you are amazing. :) :)

Hey shark, this may have been answered already, but when you're pepping the helmet, is it possible to have the helmet and faceplate as two separate pieces? I'm asking because I'd like to make your helmet with a retractable faceplate for my Mark IV armor.

finally a good iron man helmet ive been looking and looking and im making the size tester right now.

thanks its awesome.

I ended up putting this one together and this is how it looks like:

RA0VB.jpg

KTG93.jpg

jlSdj.jpg

The helmet is a bit on the tight side, mostly because my ears stick out by nature. I'm using the default scale. For me to successfully put this on, I will need to tie my ears against my skull using a rubber band or something. Definitely no room for padding, and I'll need to knock down the side walls and extend the space into the ear caps. I took the risk by not constructing a tester. Oh well.

I don't wear hats so I dont know. But I took a tape measure and I measured the circumference around my head at the forehead level. it is about 22.5 inches.

hey sharkhead, just wondering.. are you making a higher def version of war machine aswel as the iron man mk 6? if so i would love that.. or if anyone in general has some high def files? i just saw earlier in your thread that you are doing the helm, so this is just me asking out of curiosity..
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back