Iron Man MK VI armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow this looks great so far XD

Thanks. I've been working quietly the last few weeks. After working with foam for a few months now I think I'm getting use to it more and more. I can finish a piece a lot more quickly.

A few days ago I cut the helmet into 3 pieces to make sure it fits before continuing with the next step. Luckily it fits. Here is the helmet in the bondo stage.
97ad1b48.jpg

And here are the shoulder, bicep and arm.
03006aee.jpg

ca05ba05.jpg

dc42f23e.jpg

And here is me trying the pieces out. Even with foam, I have limited mobility. I cannot imagine wearing fiberglass Iron Man.
6bf4eb17.jpg

Next step, the ab, legs, shins.

Anyone has any idea what is the correct red for Iron Man?

May I ask what thickness foam you are using- and do you think using thinner foam might improve mobility for future builds?

looks great! :p watched the avengers the other day.. so epic! cant wait to see this suit finished! :p

I'm going to watch it after my son finished his exam. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks. And I cannot wait to finish this suit too. Unfortunately, I don't think I can due to personal problems.

May I ask what thickness foam you are using- and do you think using thinner foam might improve mobility for future builds?

I am using EVA foam about 1/2 inch thick. Personally I think if you use any thinner than this you cannot hold the shape of the armor. I tried the foam pieces on and they don't impede mobility at all. Hope that helps.

It has been a while of no updates. I'm working on several projects and Iron Man is one of them. I'm doing it slow because I need to finish my kids' costumes first.

Anyway, I've started bondoing Iron Man helmet and it takes much longer than I expected. I have no idea how many layers bondo I put on it. Sanding in between until it is almost 95% perfect. And here is what I have. :(

03f87253.jpg

And here is side view.
9d320c4e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back