iron man mk6 W.I.P aka HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickd

Hey just starting my second pepakura project and i'm looking for tips.
1. My pep gets all gunked up from the tacky glue what do i do (pictures attached)
2. What do i do about the really small sliver like tabs? (pictures attached)
thanks for any comments you can provide and telling me how i'm doing so far would really help me to know if i'm doing pepakura right. thanks.

2s6ra0h.jpg

2edml1x.jpg

8wds7a.jpg

Hey just starting my second pepakura project and i'm looking for tips.
1. My pep gets all gunked up from the tacky glue what do i do (pictures attached)
2. What do i do about the really small sliver like tabs? (pictures attached)
thanks for any comments you can provide and telling me how i'm doing so far would really help me to know if i'm doing pepakura right. thanks.

2s6ra0h.jpg

2edml1x.jpg

8wds7a.jpg

Everyone has their preference. I used Elmer's glue to glue my pieces. You just need to practice which method is preferable.

Just a piece of advice. I noticed that you started 6 threads related to Iron Mon or what not with one question each. You are doing it wrong. You should start a thread, show your work and put all your questions in the same thread. One question, one thread, gets locked.

I use hot glue on my pep builds so that I get a firm bond and its quickly dried. Also, I can't tell from the picture but you may want to glue from the backside so your surface stays cleaner. Good luck and practice practice practice!

Everyone has their preference. I used Elmer's glue to glue my pieces. You just need to practice which method is preferable.

Just a piece of advice. I noticed that you started 6 threads related to Iron Mon or what not with one question each. You are doing it wrong. You should start a thread, show your work and put all your questions in the same thread. One question, one thread, gets locked.
oh ok sorry, well i guess i'll just put all of them into this thread. Sorry i didn't know my bad :(.

i prefer hot glue as well, it hardens fast, can be modified if needed and i love to burn my fingers (no i dont, but hot glue is freakishly hot ...)
i wouldnt mind about those small irregularities, if its nothing to big you can and will correct it in bondo work (probably)
i dont see anything that seems so off its not fixable :)

i prefer hot glue as well, it hardens fast, can be modified if needed and i love to burn my fingers (no i dont, but hot glue is freakishly hot ...)
i wouldnt mind about those small irregularities, if its nothing to big you can and will correct it in bondo work (probably)
i dont see anything that seems so off its not fixable :)

alright thanks so much i figured i could do that. What do you guys do about the really small sliver tabs that you can barely even bend?

precutting flaps usually does it for me. folding without an exacto knife seems to be unnecessarily hard, considering, precut folds are much cleaner

I use powerbond 806 contact adhesive. The trick to it is to work in a clean environment, try printing in grey rather than black printer ink ( as this can be one of the ways hands get dirty) cut and fold everything prior to the build and dont use to much adhesive! Take breakks regularly and don't rush. I think your doing a great job at the moment just keep at it :0

precutting flaps usually does it for me. folding without an exacto knife seems to be unnecessarily hard, considering, precut folds are much cleaner

I use powerbond 806 contact adhesive. The trick to it is to work in a clean environment, try printing in grey rather than black printer ink ( as this can be one of the ways hands get dirty) cut and fold everything prior to the build and dont use to much adhesive! Take breakks regularly and don't rush. I think your doing a great job at the moment just keep at it :0

thanks for the tips guys. I'll have a new update in a little bit, but i havn't made much progress at all :( really tricky

alright this build actually might be a little too ambitious for me. Can anyone link me the easiest iron man pep file that still looks really good when finished?

looks fine. But DO NOT go to a hot glue method. Look for a "Craft Glue", it's a tacky glue that dries quick, but still gives you enough time to adjust your pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back