Iron Man WiP photo heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked a bit on the back portion of the sculpt last night. I was using the toy as a reference until I turned him around and noticed he doesnt have much detail on the back (the screws keeping it together were located there) so I just kind of went off on my own. For the sake of getting this done for the Halloween party Im going to, Im just about done except for some details like the ribs and making the stomach look plated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in the process now of coating alot of pieces with Rebound 25 for the mold making process. I have 2 coats on all the pieces and a thickening layer one the chest/back/abs sculpt. Next step would be to add the registration keys to the pieces so I can make the mother mold. Until I get picks of that stuff up, hope you enjoy the lights I added to the helmet!

Holy smokes.. so with the clay you are using for the chestpiece, is the clay pretty heavy or does it not make much of a difference cause it looks like its going to weigh you down quite a bit unless you are fine with all that weight. anyways good Job your helmet looks perfect

Holy smokes.. so with the clay you are using for the chestpiece, is the clay pretty heavy or does it not make much of a difference cause it looks like its going to weigh you down quite a bit unless you are fine with all that weight. anyways good Job your helmet looks perfect

The clay is just a sculpture I made to make a mold from. I will be casting the chest in smooth-cast300 and Flex FoamIT X. That way the abs will be flexible and not hinder me when I move. I may also do the area around my neck and shoulder with the FoamIT as well for a more comfortable suit.

And yes, the clay does weigh alot! I think it's around 40lbs of clay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back