Jaku's Venator, Marine, and Misc builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my completed first shoulder
I may have done a bit too much black washing.
Here are some close-ups so you can see the weathering and some shots of the whole thing.
KIMG1771.JPG KIMG1770.JPG KIMG1769.JPG KIMG1768.JPG KIMG1767.JPG KIMG1766.JPG KIMG1765.JPG

Lol PaiganBoi I was gonna say it looks like he escaped being trapped in a burning building. :)

I actually really like the depth of color. Provided your undersuit is not clean black then I think it could look good all together. The only thing I don't like is all the texture. It looks like a lot of excess paint. I'm not sure if you can wetsand foam, buy I'd think as long as you've sealed it and don't press to hard then you could get that smoother.

Great job on the shield too!

Lol PaiganBoi I was gonna say it looks like he escaped being trapped in a burning building. :)

I actually really like the depth of color. Provided your undersuit is not clean black then I think it could look good all together. The only thing I don't like is all the texture. It looks like a lot of excess paint. I'm not sure if you can wetsand foam, buy I'd think as long as you've sealed it and don't press to hard then you could get that smoother.

Great job on the shield too!
It's supposed to look rusted and like paint is peeling off
Not sure I did the best job but I'm happy with it anyway.

Yeah, I'd say you get the point across, but I'd still recommend sanding away the texture. Peeled paint leaves a little bit of texture, but for the action soldiers see it would naturally be sanded down.

I'm going to see if I can get it done by next suSund for Baltimore comicon.
Here's where I'm at
Helmet: visor
Shoulders: done
Left forearm: cutting
Right forearm: sealing
Chest: magnets
Cod peice: sealing
Left boot: not started
Right boot: sealing
Shins: Rondo
Thighs: not started
KIMG1868.JPG

I forgot the cod peice on my shelf and the shins are drying.
KIMG1872.JPG KIMG1869.JPG I'm pretty proud of the forearm it's just so satisfying to have it fit and wear it around.
Also what's the best way to put on the shoulders?

You could make a simple cuff that fits your bicep and mount the shoulders on to that. On problem you may encounter with the cuff though is it will slide down... constantly. Solution? have a strap at the top of the shoulder attach to the chest.
Another solution is use the shoulder base found in the ODST pep files. Mount your parts on that and add snaps to it so it attaches directly to whatever undersuit/shirt or fatigues you are wearing.

Here's where I stand now:
Helmet: visor (finally just about there)
Shoulders: done
Forearms: ready to paint
Chest: sealing
Codpeice: ready to paint
Thighs: ready to cut
Shins: (1/2 of rondo stage done)
Left boot: ready to cut
Right boot: sealing
Not as far as I had hoped to get but hey it's progress.

More Foam!!!
It's blue and was $20 for 6 mats
KIMG1877.JPG KIMG1878.JPG
Forearm
KIMG1884.JPG
Codpeice
KIMG1882.JPG

In honor of my first con in costume as well as today being exactly 2 years on the 405th here are some pictures from yesterday.
View attachment 260382 View attachment 260383 View attachment 260384 View attachment 260385 View attachment 260386 View attachment 260387 View attachment 260388 View attachment 260389 View attachment 260390 View attachment 260391 View attachment 260392
My dad was wearing the Jedi robes and I got him into going to cons. He said "maybe next time we should go multiple days."

Glad to see you finished Jaku! Looks like you had a good time. Any repairs or upgrades planned for the next con?

Glad to see you finished Jaku! Looks like you had a good time. Any repairs or upgrades planned for the next con?
actually im wanting to make a smaller chestplate. im thinking mk V from CE. my problem is sizing because the file is split into front and back.
Edit: im also wanting to start work on an armor set that is what you would see as basic armor in a fantasy story, where its light and protects you. just think it would be fun to design armor like that. i could use it in sparring too.

Perhaps you can find where they meet and measure the width you want. Pep has a measure distance feature. So just make sure where the two files meet are the same width. I can show you what I mean if that doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back