Jaku's Venator, Marine, and Misc builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do I do if my pepekura designer has stopped working? It launches but I can't view the window.
Also what is a good peice to start with, as I need to get some more experience with foam

Agreed with Dirtdives that a fresh install is probably the best route without being able to see all your settings and other installed programs/drivers.

For a good beginner foam piece, may I suggest a certain Hylian Shield that I sent you patterns for :p Everything is on one plane effectively and it's good practice for working with multiple thicknesses of foam, getting smooth cuts, heat forming and edge finishing to prepare for paint. For a Halo themed build, I'd lean toward a DFT ODST for sake of accessibility since there's video tutorials to guide you through the construction. If you're feeling brave, a Reach Spartan isn't a bad choice either, I'm working through one right now as are a few other members on the forum so there's plenty of first hand experience that's fresh in people's memory that you can poke at.

Finally figured it out by watching the open/minimize animation, my window was off my screen for future reference on windows you can click the icon on the task bar, then press alt+space to get some choices, choose maximize, and then move it around
Edit: I have decided to start on a reach boot, is it symmetrical?

Last edited:
Finally figured it out by watching the open/minimize animation, my window was off my screen for future reference on windows you can click the icon on the task bar, then press alt+space to get some choices, choose maximize, and then move it around
Edit: I have decided to start on a reach boot, is it symmetrical?

Yes†

† There is a slight difference on the toe cap for left and right but for the most part yes, I just wanted to add a clarifying remark. Also this forum doesn't support markup for sub or superscript.

so for the foam templates do I just flip them or are there separate files

Same file, just flip it. It's only really an undercut that gets bent inward or outward on either side. I just left them both the same and ignored the undercut so that both boots have straight alignment as opposed to a 5ish degree turn at the toe.

I found this hidden in my files from a project on rondo a few years ago
Capture23.PNG

not quite sure what the table in the corner represents

I don't mean to destroy your pride and joy, but it looks like you have a case of dull blade-agonitis. Seems your blade is a little dull. Is the foam hard to cut? You know your blade is sharp when the foam cuts nice and clean with relative ease. You shouldn't have to use sawing motions, either. Should cut about as easily as an apple.

I don't mean to destroy your pride and joy, but it looks like you have a case of dull blade-agonitis. Seems your blade is a little dull. Is the foam hard to cut? You know your blade is sharp when the foam cuts nice and clean with relative ease. You shouldn't have to use sawing motions, either. Should cut about as easily as an apple.
My blade is slightly dull but my cuts are sort the most part pretty good. Just the outside edge is fringed. I could probably fix this by cutting from the front instead of back

A lazy foamsmith uses one of these.
An even lazier foamsmith uses one of these.
I am that foamsmith, on occasion. I've found that the trusty laser has some better utilities. Kinda drifting away from the foam world...I've been enjoying CNC carving machinable wax. The stuff machines so well; it's about the equivalent of an SLA printer. Loving it.

An even lazier foamsmith uses one of these.
I am that foamsmith, on occasion. I've found that the trusty laser has some better utilities. Kinda drifting away from the foam world...I've been enjoying CNC carving machinable wax. The stuff machines so well; it's about the equivalent of an SLA printer. Loving it.

The desire to pull the trigger on one of those is real. I have a decent down payment set aside and can do the financing but our dollar is garbo and doesn't look like it's getting better any time soon so that x amount of months is a toss up. Maybe if I fill up a few more commissions over the summer I'll do it.

mblackwell1002 , TurboCharizard
These are my knives
View attachment 255159
The blue and yellow one is what I use, the red one just appeared on my (makeshift) workbench when I got home today.

Dude, I want magically appearing tools. Jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back