Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aultin

If I make my armor out of regular printer paper is their anything I could do to stiffen it up to where it will not rip or get toally obliterated or is using printer paper just a horrible idea?

No.

use cardstock, 8 dollars for 250 sheets, 110lb and printer friendly.

Regular paper will kill itself, I made my first helmet with it, and it caved in just from the weight of...paper....

No.

Regular paper will kill itself, I made my first helmet with it, and it caved in just from the weight of...paper....

AoBfrost said:
No.

OK but even with cardstock would I be able to sit down in it?

Last edited by a moderator:
$5.87 at walmart for 150 sheets of 110#. While your there go to automotive and grab a tin of resin and fiberglass mat. plus a ton of little 33 cent sponge brushes to paint it on w/. wal mart has everything you need.

dacacheman said:
$5.87 at walmart for 150 sheets of 110#. While your there go to automotive and grab a tin of resin and fiberglass mat. plus a ton of little 33 cent sponge brushes to paint it on w/. wal mart has everything you need.
OK What is the estimated total for all of this stuff.

About 100 dollars, there went half of my paycheck this month.

And 1-2 months of work, regular paper with resin on it would turn into a glob of goo. Cardstock is strong and will withstand resin's power and weight....then you can sit on it...and for more strength fiberglassing each peice will make it hard like a rock....or atleast hard like solid plastic.

Well ive gotten everything thus far from walmart.

Cardstock - $6
Resin -$12 (although you'll need several tins to get thru the whole costume)
Fiberglass mat - around $7?
Brushes - $4 worth of 33cent brushes should cover you for awhile
Great stuff foam - $4/can - what i use to fill in gaps
Black cloth squares - $0.33 - to cover great stuff foam in my helm
2 litere bottle for visor - $1
yellow transparency $3
spraypaints $10

Thats all i can really think of for the bargain basement MC outfit- which still looks badass thx to pepakura

Is the 2 liter bottle see though clearly? I am thinking of using it to save money and using tinting film to make it gold/silver tinted like a motorcycle visor.

dacacheman said:
Well ive gotten everything thus far from walmart.

Cardstock - $6
Resin -$12 (although you'll need several tins to get thru the whole costume)
Fiberglass mat - around $7?
Brushes - $4 worth of 33cent brushes should cover you for awhile
Great stuff foam - $4/can - what i use to fill in gaps
Black cloth squares - $0.33 - to cover great stuff foam in my helm
2 litere bottle for visor - $1
yellow transparency $3
spraypaints $10

Thats all i can really think of for the bargain basement MC outfit- which still looks badass thx to pepakura
OK sounds affordable. If I had a job. Anyway how do you make a visor from the bottle?

AoBfrost said:
Cut the bottle's main flat area and roll it out,then cut it to size and hot glue it to the helmet.
Sounds obvious lol. I need to get a job. Make some money. Buy some stuff. Do some work. Blah Blah Blah lol.

Ya, I wasnt about to go out and blow 40 beans on a moto visor, unless it was actually going on my motorcycle helmet. I'm unable to find the gold tint anywhere, so im going to use a yellow transparency or just cover the 2 liter bottle plastic with a yellow highlighter and spray the back with glass frosting. If you can find a store that has tint, let me know the name of the place.

Hobby lobby has gold tint film thats see through :D

Or try decal-fx.com

car vinyl rocks, and might work, they have some see though tints. ordering a 1x1 sheet would be 3-5 dollars.

ok to any one who has asked were to get gold tint hobby lobby might have it in some of there sores but napa auto parts i think has it to im going there today so il post abk if they do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back