Kings Agent Locke build

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingair983

Jr Member
Hey 405th, whats happening? It seems like its been awhile since I started a new build. As the title suggests this build thread is for Agent Locke's Spartan armor. I know I'm probably not the only one who intends to create this suit, and others are likely waiting to see more of what the suit actually looks like so unclear details become more defined, because let's face it, the MCC trailer and Halo 5 Guardians photo only show so much. As a result there is likely to be a few discrepancies between what you see and what may be accurate, but I'm working based on what I can see for right now. Well lets get to it then eh?

As of right now I'm working on the chest, which I would say is about 85% complete. IMG_0608_zpsb37ad608.jpg

IMG_0618_zps4edb94ea.jpg

250px-H5Teaser_Spartan_zps7cb0c17a.png

This is the reference photo that I've been using thus far for the front of the chest. Obviously there is still a decent amount detail work to be done, but what I've got so far is the base layer of eva, and a small amount of 1mm craft foam to cover some of the lighter detail areas, the rest will of the detail be done with varying sizes of craft foam and small metal pieces where applicable.

14729643874_51ecbbe849_b_zpsa1636ed1.jpg
Shout out to Vroggy, I managed to grab this from his thread involving 3D render of Locke's helmet.

The backside is where things began to get interesting( a LOT of squinting was done) Most of the backside was actually visible and therefore could easily be replicated (at least within my skill set) the only area that was problematic was that which I circled in red. Because of the darkness of the photo it was hard to make out a lot of the detail. In addition the lights (area in purple) seemed to rise over something in the armor then come back down. This all meant I had to get somewhat creative and take a few liberties, however I secured most of the pieces in question in a way that they can be easily removed later if and when more detail can be seen. And so far this is what the fruits of my labor have led to...
IMG_0619_zps6b5152cd.jpg

This is it so far, and Im going to tentatively call this a WIP, albeit a slow one, with work and school the going will be slow, plus if I go to the store for any more burn cream this week theyre going to get suspicious, be careful with your hotknifes and heat guns kids. :p But I am determined to see this finished ( As I sit staring at my 90% completed Aie-486 Hmg, all 30lbs of which is precariously balanced on the top shelf in my room) but with a little over a year before Halo 5 release I figure I have plenty of time. Welp thats all I got for ya'll. Let me know what you think, and dont be afraid to be brutally honest, it helps in the end. All critiques, criticism, and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
Cody

Attachments

• IMG_0608_zpsb37ad608.jpg
    IMG_0608_zpsb37ad608.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0618_zps4edb94ea.jpg
    IMG_0618_zps4edb94ea.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 250px-H5Teaser_Spartan_zps7cb0c17a.png
    250px-H5Teaser_Spartan_zps7cb0c17a.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 14729643874_51ecbbe849_b_zpsa1636ed1.jpg
    14729643874_51ecbbe849_b_zpsa1636ed1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0619_zps6b5152cd.jpg
    IMG_0619_zps6b5152cd.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 156
Looking pretty cool so far man :)

I have been trying to work out how to start on the chest too.
The main issue I have come across is the front mid area that runs down the chest.
How freely will you be able to move in it?
I've been thinking that the best way to do it would be to have 3 main pieces of it separate to enable you to lean forward / back.

Looking forward to see more updates :)

Ah, Black Underdog, just the guy I was hoping I would run into, It was your Locke Helmet that inspired me to get my rear in gear and start this thing, although I think I might go the 3D printer route with my bucket, wouldn't want the University Resources to go to waste now would we ;) I know its hard to tell, but the front and back are already attached at 3 points via buckles. I test tried it on and it fit like a glove, with a little less than an inch all the way around for under suit space, not bad for the first run through on a scratch build eh? As far as mobility is concerned I had just about full range of motion I can reach all the way across my chest lean forward, and backward. The only slight problem I had was that the long piece in the front would bow slightly when I tried to bend all the way over, but if anchored to the under suit, I doubt it would be a problem. Thanks for taking interest though, with similar builds we may be able to bounce building ideas off each other!

Hey I don't mean to necro, but just wondering if you have any updates on your chest as I am planning to start mine soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back