Lafone's Newb Mark Iv Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafone

Yeah so theres a convention called arouracon and for months ive been searching for a way to make masterchief armor. and i came across this place; 405th forums. And then i realized "oh crap ten days until the convention. and i came up with these results. Keep in mind saturday is the convention.
Im having sum trouble connection my camera to the computer. so ill post pic in a sec, but so far ive peped the helm the chest left and right shoulders and the left and right forearm crotch piece and both knees. Also ive fiberglassed the helm chest left and right shoulders and the left forearm. Ive spray painted them caboose blue and so far im happy with my work the way im going do u think i will be able to make the convention?

Pictures
Helmet
http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00029qh5.jpg

Helmet chest shoulders and one forearm
http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00032jb5.jpg

yeah and obviously u didnt read my post when i said i couldnt get the pictures right away np though there up now

Lafone said:
yeah and obviously u didnt read my post when i said i couldnt get the pictures right away np though there up now
If you don't have pics, wait until you have them to post.

Anyhu, I like that blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm liking it so far, you might wanna try some med def helmets like DF4L's smooth helmet, and robo's chest (its simple but pretty smooth)

Yeah so i pretty proud of what ive done in such a little time and kinda little money. anyhow i know it not professional but the undersuit i was just thinking of wearing black long johns i couldnt think of anything else i could get within today and tuesday. Also i was thinking about buying a motocycle replacement visor at walmart or sum auto parts store or motorcycle shop. And then epoxy it and then paint over the showing epoxy.

Considering the time crunch you have for the con, it's looking ok. I'd suggest rebuilding after the con with MD or HD pieces and taking your time with it.

tlither said:
Considering the time crunch you have for the con, it's looking ok. I'd suggest rebuilding after the con with MD or HD pieces and taking your time with it.
Yeah so i need sum help with the visor if theres any retail store i can find a motorcycle visor that would help of any way i can make my own

Last edited by a moderator:
i ahvnt gotten that far yet, but i think they are 50 bucks at a cycle shop. look in the yellow pages or google maps for cycle shops...

as for epoxying your visor. what do you mean?

also are you going to resin and sand the outside of your kit? it still looks liek paper.

I mean im going to epoxy the visor to the helm from the inside if i can. And as for now i cant do much more for my armor becuz of my situation i cant go anywhere past fiberglassing and then painting it. Besides the helm all the other pieces in the pcs are finished. Perhaps next summer i will make a suit with a higher detail to it. As for now theres not much more i can do.

not to pry, but if you can fiberglass where you are, non smelling or low smelling bondo shouldnt be a big deal.

youve got me curious. why cant you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back