Last question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenocrates

Jr Member
How do we add detail onto our visor??
Im making my helmet from Pep and i really want to know how to detail the viso because i dont wanna go off spending 35 bux on the HJC gold reflection helmet..i've seen it on a helmet and it doesnt look good without that detail..

any ideas?

Well unfortunately, I think most people use the double visor method... So you're in for buying two visors to get that detail.

Although, I was thinking of this last night... You could possibly mask off the area of detail with tape, and find a gold (and maybe transparent?) paint of a slightly different tone of the visor, and spray that on. Remove the tape and your detail remains in that shape!

Although, this was just an idea. It'll probably still take some testing. I just hadn't seen that method used yet.

Painting it on is in my opinion the equivalent of painting missiles on the wings a fighter jet... they may look cool, until you realize its painted on....

But having the details actually their is better... and yes, a double layer visor is definitely the way to go, no other method has proved to be better... yet

Spase said:
But having the details actually their is better... and yes, a double layer visor is definitely the way to go, no other method has proved to be better... yet

I've found a way to do it, but it hasn't been proven yet, and it will cost quite a bit of money, but less than buying two visors.

First off, buy your gold tint visor, regular, nothing special.

Next, go out and buy a high definition quick tint for snow shields that fits your visor. Where I find them, they are $16.

Find a double layer visor template, and cut out the quick tint to fit the double layer template.

Next, apply the template to the visor and voila! A brand new, cheap, double layer visor.

Last edited by a moderator:
tipper said:
Next, apply the template to the visor and voila! A brand new, cheap, double layer visor.

I thought of something like this too... Just brainstorming different ways to make the one visor look indented, and not using two...

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm going to do is buy one gold HJC visor and use a spare clear one from my brother-in-law's old helmet to overlay over that. Hopefully it'll give the same effect.

Yeah, I considered trying to just carve in the indentation, but I'm pretty sure the cut/dremmel would just leave that area all scuffed and white, and I'd have ruined a visor...

Spend 35 for the visor, it makes your helmet look awsome, then go to hobby lobby or some craft store, buy gold card, do the duel visor this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back