LED Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhk97

I'm not very good with calculating Ohms so can someone do some math for me. I'm using 2 of these and 1 of these. Also how many 9 volt batteries would I need?

Thanks for the fast reply, but I still don't know what Ohm resistor I need. I know how to hook it up and I have a switch, but need to know what resistor to use.

Also no need to triple post.

Edit: I have this switch.

Werd Nal said:
I'm about to wire also. can anyone explain how??

Its not hard, do it in this order.

Battery
Switch
Resistor
LEDs in sequence
Back to battery

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to find the thread I saw last night. Kinda hard someone was asking about a fan in helmet and linked the thread to led wiring give me a few more minutes

I feel bad now getting yelled at from a guy from same state I'm from lol

Not to be your local forum nazi, but learn to use the edit button!

Also, thanks for the answer. I guess I'm using a 100 Ohm.

ledsetup.jpg

Thats the setup i used. All my leds had built in resistors so i didnt have to worry about it.

PS: heres a dancing cat.

I don't think that setup will work. From the picture of the green ones, it looks like they have resistors built-in. I'm pretty sure that you can't run 2 12V LEDs off of one 9V battery. You probably need a 12V battery. In that case, if you want to run all the LEDs off the same 12V power source, you'll need a 470 ohm resistor (yellow, violet, brown) for the white LED, and hook it all up like this.
[attachment=1119:LED_Chart.jpg]

mowhawkman said:
look how i did for my leds my brothers friends his dad he gave me those two flash led and i just had to drill a hole for it and done easy to remove and change batteries

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQo-rngB5k

not to be a butthole or anything, but... in the video, it looks like you ruined the back of the helmet but drilling and ripping off bits of the back

FirePhoenix NL said:
this is where the stickys are for...

The stickies only show a specific situation, if you are using 2 white or blue LEDs powered by one 9V. That can't apply to every LED wiring situation.

rishonritter said:
not to be a butthole or anything, but... in the video, it looks like you ruined the back of the helmet but drilling and ripping off bits of the back

i know its not the most beautiful but im not done neither

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back