Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also would love to know the size. I have a pretty big head and I dont want to make it too big or too small. Anyone know how they cut the hole in the helmet for the head?

rdeyoung said:
I also would love to know the size. I have a pretty big head and I dont want to make it too big or too small. Anyone know how they cut the hole in the helmet for the head?

For those that know the size of the FS helmet I used (scale 27.5), it is the exact same size. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
DoC ByTeS said:
For those that know the size of the FS helmet I used (scale 27.5), it is the exact same size. ;)

So what would be the specifications of it then? in inches. I dont know what 27.5 is. Im creating it as a 3d model and im getting it CnC'd with the 18lb sculpting foam. I need to know what size foam block I need to get but I have to know the size of the helmet first. Im 6 foot tall if that helps

rdeyoung - 27.5 is centimeters. In pepakura, put that in for the scale, and it will give you the height/width/depth on the lower right side of the pep window.

wow this armour is simply amazing I've been lurking around the threads for a while just joined a couple days ago. I saw the pics of this armour and just couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore so i decided to do my first post here. this is probably the most inspiring armour i have seen on this site i can't wait to start on mine just need the funds to get started i plan on doing a pepakura suit first since that is the cheapest and easiest way to go. Again this site is amazing and all of the sticki es ar extremely helful thankyou to Adam Sean and the rest of the admins for creating this site. I hope i can live up to a 1/10th of wut I've seen here. Wish me luck. :)

Zack

P.S. To the guys a L.A. and everyone else in the Elite Showcase :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy:

Yea So I modeled the Halo helmet and was going to go with the CnC machining option.... and was given an 18"x18"x18" cube of 15lb sculpting foam (green) from my work....and I went and got a quote from machine shop at this place around my town.....some 4000 BUCKS. Splendid.
Too bad im leaving my job tomorrow otherwise they would have done cnc work FOR FREE :( GAH

Yea So I modeled the Halo helmet and was going to go with the CnC machining option.... and was given an 18"x18"x18" cube of 15lb sculpting foam (green) from my work....and I went and got a quote from machine shop at this place around my town.....some 4000 BUCKS. Splendid.
Too bad im leaving my job tomorrow otherwise they would have done cnc work FOR FREE sad.gif

BishopX said:
This is by far the most expensive costumes that we have made for ourselves. By the time we are done, I have no doubt that we will be in the range of $25000.00 total spent on these costumes. I know.....I know.....

Yea I know, I've ready all these pages and took great notice of that... I guess I'm just upset that if I stayed at my internship a week longer I could have gotten it all done for free :(

Rogue Helmet. I think it is pretty cool. Oh yeah, nice Job on your helmet man! It's coming out great. I want ot make one soooo bad but i don't have any materials.
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back