Let's start with 3d modeling and 3d printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambdatron

Greetings Everyone,

I'm Flynn, 24 years old man, i want to Learning from the scratch the 3d modelling to create game props and 3d model ready for 3d printing.

How I can start? Do You think that Blender is enough for this?

See you soon

Greetings Everyone,

I'm Flynn, 24 years old man, i want to Learning from the scratch the 3d modelling to create game props and 3d model ready for 3d printing.

How I can start? Do You think that Blender is enough for this?

See you soon

Blender is definitely more than enough for this. It's modelling and rendering capabilities are extremely powerful, the menu system is just a little on the cryptic and convoluted side of things and takes a bit of getting used to, I'm slowly teaching myself Blender but spend the majority of my time in Autodesk software.

Fusion 360 and Meshmixer are very familiar if you've ever worked with AutoCAD or Solidworks plus they're free if you make less than 100k USD/year using their product. There's a few things that are limiting in them but you can learn the work arounds fairly quickly.

It's not a tutorial, but this video by Broken Nerd shows how he models for printing, and I believe he uses blender. Gives you an idea anyway.

Blender is definitely more than enough for this. It's modelling and rendering capabilities are extremely powerful, the menu system is just a little on the cryptic and convoluted side of things and takes a bit of getting used to, I'm slowly teaching myself Blender but spend the majority of my time in Autodesk software.

Fusion 360 and Meshmixer are very familiar if you've ever worked with AutoCAD or Solidworks plus they're free if you make less than 100k USD/year using their product. There's a few things that are limiting in them but you can learn the work arounds fairly quickly.

I most definitely agree with TurboCharizard on the note of Fusion 360 and Meshmixer. I've been learning fusion for the past year or so. It's pretty well laid out for 3d printing, in spite of its sometimes odd quirks. But once you learn how to use it, it's a pretty powerful tool and it can be easier to find those loopholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back