Locus (Red vs Blue) armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherriDragon

Member DIN
S919
I've posted here once before while trying to find items/files that'll help me with the building of my Locus armor. I now have all the files I need the only problem I'm having now is find/figuring out how to make the Obj files into STL and how I create the holes. The helmet file I found doesn't have a hole for my head it seems, same with some of the armor pieces I've found. Can anyone help?

Also does anyone have any good slicer programs the suggest for 3D print that's easy to use? I've downloaded Meshmixer, Slic3r, & Creality but all seem really confusing & no matter how much I work with it I can't seem to get it to slice the way I need to.

Another question... if a print is 100% would putting it at 200% double the size of it? I'm trying to make the Sniper Rifle from Halo & Just want to make sure I'm doing this right

All advice is apprectiated

Hey there!

I have a feeling the files you found are likely game-rips, meaning they were pulled straight from the game files. I have no experience working with those types of files, but I'm pretty sure you would have to learn how to 3D model and edit those for yourself. I have no idea how difficult that is, but if you don't want to/don't have the time to do that then I think it would be best to keep looking for more detailed, wearable files, especially if you plan to 3D print them. Heck, maybe there's someone out there who commissions them!

If by slicers you mean editing software, like to slice prints into smaller parts I personally use Meshmixer, but I see you must have been having some trouble with that. I will admit, the UI is a bit confusing at first, but once I got my head around it I came to realize that it really isn't that bad. A couple other programs I've heard of is Microsoft 3D Builder (I think that's what it's called) and Fusion 360. I'm pretty sure you have to pay for Fusion 360, but don't quote me on that lol. If you did mean slicers though I use Cura by Ultimaker. It's free and it's been working great with my Ender 3 Pro.

Also yes, 200% would double the size of your object. However, do be careful when sizing your props, as you don't want to end up with an extremely over-sized prop. If you haven't already, maybe look into getting Armorsmith. It's a program that I, along with a good amount of other 405th members use for sizing armor. You can create an avatar using your own measurements and you can load your files onto the avatar to make sure the scaling is right for both armor and props. It does cost $30, but it's honestly a really good buy in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

This does help a lot. I've already looked into commissions & just for the helmet alone someone wants $287. i will lot into Armorsmith that might help more than what I'm doing. I'm still very new but tired of starting projects and giving up. I did find the 2 guns, the energy blade handle, and the helmet. I just really need the shoulder & to cut up the other parts of the armor as that is the only things I needed. The engineer shoulders dont have an opening and I think thats now my only issue. I bought an Ender 3 S1

Nice! The Ender-3 is always a good choice! It's definitely difficult to find armor files for printing I've noticed, especially for Halo 4 and 5. Also yikes, $287 for a helmet file commission?? That's a lot more than I expected... I suppose it takes quite a bit of time to model something though. Anyway, there are plenty of props as well as some armor files scattered around Etsy, Thingiverse, and even CGTrader. I hope you find what you're looking for! Best of luck with your search!

Nice! The Ender-3 is always a good choice! It's definitely difficult to find armor files for printing I've noticed, especially for Halo 4 and 5. Also yikes, $287 for a helmet file commission?? That's a lot more than I expected... I suppose it takes quite a bit of time to model something though. Anyway, there are plenty of props as well as some armor files scattered around Etsy, Thingiverse, and even CGTrader. I hope you find what you're looking for! Best of luck with your search!
I found the Helmet on Makers. I have the Chest piece that I can turn into a STL file. The Legs can also be turned into an STL files. The only piece I need to find a different file for is the Engineer Shoulders.

$287 for a helmet file commission?? That's a lot more than I expected...
That's to get it printed. I couldn't (at the time) find a 3d file for the helmet. I just found it tonight after a little more research

Ohh gochya. That sounds a little more reasonable lol. Glad to hear you found a good file!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back