Looking for H2: Battlerifle scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I found blueprints for the M45 tactical shotgun from Halo: Reach but I have no idea where to get it enlarged to it's proper size. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone, I found blueprints for the M45 tactical shotgun from Halo: Reach but I have no idea where to get it enlarged to it's proper size. Any suggestions?

I believe the magic number on length of the prop is 990mm so printing out blueprints may be a case of finding a plotter or setting up some fun banner printing.
44282975_1519377968206007_7996895828574732288_n.png

EDIT: After jumping into Fusion 360 the magic number on length is 970mm from tip of the magazine endcap to the back panel of the stock.

Last edited:
Hmm, this is my thread. I wonder why I didn't get a notification that there were new posts.
That shotgun looks cool though, I'd love to see one made.

Last edited:
Hmm, this is my thread. I wonder why I didn't get a notification that there were new posts.
That shotgun looks cool though, I'd love to see one made.
This was the first run of the shotgun but unfortunately it may be out of commission due to damage done to it at Washington State Summer Con, the second that I printed belongs to Dirtdives now. I'm about halfway through printing a third that splits just above the handle so that I can bring it to Outpost Philly.
56418294_1029008180641838_9087560287577440256_n.jpg

This was the first run of the shotgun but unfortunately it may be out of commission due to damage done to it at Washington State Summer Con, the second that I printed belongs to Dirtdives now. I'm about halfway through printing a third that splits just above the handle so that I can bring it to Outpost Philly.
View attachment 272086
I learned 2 things here
1) That gun looks amazing
2) I need to get better photos cause that is super clean.

View attachment 272086

A shotgun that only until recently has sat in a box ....un-assembled (Sorry). My son and I have begun the task of sanding the pieces in preparation to full assembly. I was thinking to glue the 1/2 pieces together first and then sand..... I have never worked w/ a 3D printed piece before, but I'm hoping to get it finished for HOD. We did manage to sand down the front section enough to get 1/2" dowels for the barrel sections. Now we just have to get them to fit deeper into the gun section itself.......tick tock......tick tock!!!!

Way back in like... 2016[?] I tossed this together.

View attachment 271740

Weapon: BR55HB SR
Game: Halo 3

Linked file is scaled to be the in universe length of 29" for the main body and 35.4" including barrel.

Blue sections are final constructed pieces to show the overall finished prop.
Light grey sections are 0.125" Hardboard.
Dark grey sections are 0.5" MDF.
Dashed sections routed 0.125" internally for fittings. The top-most dark grey section is to be cut out twice with mirrored routed sections.
Barrel and gas piston housing [I'm assuming that's what they designed it as] are 0.5" diameter doweling.
Crossed sections are points to pre-drill for extra detail fittings.
Any tips on how to scale the jpg to full size for printing, or is that not how it's intended to be used?

Any tips on how to scale the jpg to full size for printing, or is that not how it's intended to be used?
You could scale it up using MS Paint or Publisher and put it through as a banner print job, I've only ever printed it as an 11"x17" poster to go on the wall. Honestly it was made as a fun little extra to go in the .stl pack for the prop.

You could scale it up using MS Paint or Publisher and put it through as a banner print job, I've only ever printed it as an 11"x17" poster to go on the wall. Honestly it was made as a fun little extra to go in the .stl pack for the prop.
Ah, I see alrighty. Thanks for sharing, I think it's a big help.

Turns out Paint.Net has a 'resize to X inches' feature :D

Here's a (hopefully) scaled and printer friend version of that image :D
1560792896889.png

Here's that file as a PDF for easy printing

Attachments

• Halo3BattleRifleOutlineFoam.pdf
    781.4 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back