M6D Pepakura file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLite

Hello, all.

I've been lurking for a while now, and I'm going to try my hand at some pepakura stuff.

My income flow is limited, and living in Hong Kong, there is a huge lack of DIY/Hardware stores from which I can gain supplies.

So, I'm going to start small, weapons first, then Helmet, armour etc.

I've read all of the FAQs, etc etc, so this isn't a technical question, and I've searched like mad over the forums: but no M6D pepakura files are to be found, apart from the 3DS files, which keep messing up in pepakura, growing the equivalent of polygonal cancerous tumours and rendering it all completely useless.

So, has anyone a working PDO of a M6D from Halo 1? I hate to beg on my first post, but I'm all out of options.

David is correct, however if the in-game weapons are what you want to do as a starting point, then I definately think the M6D is the best one to start with. It's smaller and, although there are some reather difficult (and really small) folds in the model, it's still less complex than some of the other HALO weapons available in PDO file format.

As for where to find the Pepakura file to download, check out the "Pepakura Download Database" thread in the "Weapons and Props" forum under "Creation Discussion". I know you aren't able to post there yet, but you are able to look around. I'm pretty sure someone posted a download link for the pistol there. Hope that helps... :)

I have an easier re-worked Pistol Pep file that I can email you.... but it still takes some thinking to build ...

SPARTAN II said:
David is correct, however if the in-game weapons are what you want to do as a starting point, then I definately think the M6D is the best one to start with. It's smaller and, although there are some reather difficult (and really small) folds in the model, it's still less complex than some of the other HALO weapons available in PDO file format.

As for where to find the Pepakura file to download, check out the "Pepakura Download Database" thread in the "Weapons and Props" forum under "Creation Discussion". I know you aren't able to post there yet, but you are able to look around. I'm pretty sure someone posted a download link for the pistol there. Hope that helps... :)

I searched that thread - and no, the links to the file have been dead for a long while.

Spase, that'd be awesome! Could you PM me so I can give you my email?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent you a PM, I need your address to send you the Pistol Pep... and an office supply store should have card stock in reams just like reagular copy paper...

Or go on the Pepakura main site, go in the Gallery, search for "M6D" and you'll get the files.

But Weapons are harder than armor pieces.

The M6D on the pep site has the funny globes he mentions earlier... the pep file I have is fixed, scaled correctly, and the number of pages has been minimized.... I fixed the pieces also.. having a pep file with pieces that go together, together on the same pages sure helps during assembly especially when the object has a line of symmetry, and the pieces are all reflections of each other... plus its optimized to print onto 8 1/2 X 11 paper... I dominated that pep, I was pissed at the way it printed originally, so I fixed it is all I am saying..

For cardstock I'm using printable A4 200gsm card - from what I can work out that's about equal to 80-100lb cardstock. Seems stiff enough to resin up.

Ideally, however, I'd like to make a Pepakura base for the weapons, resin it up and smooth it out, then make a mould of it and fit the externals around airsoft guns so I can go and skirmish with them.

I also intend to put working radio comm systems into the helmet of the Mk5 armour I will build - though I think I might do something slightly easier like the Halo 1 marine first.

Thanks for all the help, guys, this forum is awesome.

I remember there being like 1500 fold for one of the weapons, as oppose to MrkVI Helmet (Most Complex Piece in H2) Has like 800 +/- folds. About half as many folds. Harder and more complex = Weapon but it might be the most rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back