MA5C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Chef said:
I finished my AR by robogenisis tonight and late tomorrow after doing some thanksgiving cooking I'll see if I can post the completed Pep. ITS FINALLY DONE!!!
Congrats on finishing it first. Can't wait to see it. :)
Mine is almost done, might be able to post pics as soon as tomorrow.

Now for the people thinking of doing cardboard... Don't.

I've only really seen one cardboard MA5C that even looked remotely good. Other than that, I wouldn't EVER be seen in public with any other cardboard weapon I've ever seen. Most people make it to tall, wide, short, cover it in tape (dont do that), or do something else to ruin it.

Pepakura is more precise because it is already the right shape and size. Make your pepakura armor first though. It's easier to make than a weapon, and by the time you're done, you will be pretty skilled at pepakura.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the shape is best in pepakura. The only real trouble I had (but keep in mind I'm good with pep) was attaching the "hood and nose" to the "grip and rest of body". Because the weapon is closed, you cant push on the flaps in anyway after you glue them, so I put it together into two big pieces, and hoped for the best. Anyone have any ideas for the future? I just had to put down tons of hot glue then shave it down.

Thanks for the idea. I will use that. But I think I might make it so I can remove part of the hood for LED repair/work.
Plus a kick-ass paintjob and a real flashlight and a metal barrel.

Master Chef said:
Yeah you gt have access to the internals.

I didnt use any tape on my thing. I used base primer then sprayed black paint where I needed it. Yeah, it was 5 bucks, and the movie didnt do it justice, it was too bleak in my room.

Master Chef said:
Yeah the shape is best in pepakura. The only real trouble I had (but keep in mind I'm good with pep) was attaching the "hood and nose" to the "grip and rest of body". Because the weapon is closed, you cant push on the flaps in anyway after you glue them, so I put it together into two big pieces, and hoped for the best. Anyone have any ideas for the future? I just had to put down tons of hot glue then shave it down.

Too glue the pieces that I can't get to with a hot glue gun, I use normal white glue, Like Elmers Glue, that I put on my x-acto knife, then spread it evenly over the tab. It works well, but it dries a bit slow.

Hey guys,

About how many MA5C AR Pep files do we have currently?

About a month ago, a fellow member (Wombat) was kind enough to send me thru email 2 MA5C AR files - one is a simplified AR, while the other one he called "Complicated" AR.

I was studying the "complicated" version, when I noticed that some parts where longer than the paper themselves - any solutions?

Just cut & join, I suppose?

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

I would guess so, but seeing Master Chef's completed MA5C, I must say I am using Robo's model...it looks so perfect.

Ares said:
I would guess so, but seeing Master Chef's completed MA5C, I must say I am using Robo's model...it looks so perfect.

Yes it is very accurate. One recommendation however: if you are 6'1" or bigger, it'd look better scaled up a smidgen. I'm 5'9 and it's a good size for me. Also, unless you already have a way to make the grips and make them look real, use Robo's grips. They fit my hand PERFECTLY. Its almost like its a custom grip.

Hmm. Interesting. I'll use Robo's grips and cover them with rubber. And the foregrip, too, I don't know, any way to like spray on rubber or place it on?

Master Chef said:
Yes it is very accurate. One recommendation however: if you are 6'1" or bigger, it'd look better scaled up a smidgen. I'm 5'9 and it's a good size for me. Also, unless you already have a way to make the grips and make them look real, use Robo's grips. They fit my hand PERFECTLY. Its almost like its a custom grip.

Well I scaled it to be fit to a 6' 4" person. I figured it would be a good size for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back