Macbook air has eject button for non existant DVD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

eject-button.jpg

When pushed, nothing happens, not on the operating system, not on the machine itself, nothing at all happens when you press eject. Could it have been left there for accessories like the eexternal DVD drive? But why not put the button on the external drive itself? Your opinions?

AoBfrost said:
Your opinions?

Another flaw in macs...

No just kidding Macs are OK but I'm going to have to stay with PCs. (NOT VISTA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Becuase you will will have disk images, ipods, usb drives and other periferals that still have to be "ejected".

The all seeing multi touch touch pad and mouse buttons can work for ejecting a disc iso, right click, eject. Why need a stupid button? Google it and you will find no one knows what the button does.

Lol. Proves how uhhh....unintelligent Steve Jobs is?

I agree with everything Frost says. The butto is pointless. It doesn't eject nothing. Maybe it was originally supposed to come with a DVD drive, but they took it out and forgot to take out the eject button.

No Manufacture is stupid enough to have a button that is pointless though, but what the heck does it do? It isnt mentioned anywhere on what it does, which then does make it pointless.

Someone on Digg said this

Ejects the money straight from your bank account to Apple at the touch of a button.

Spartan 169 said:
It doesn't eject nothing.
wait, so i does eject something? hehe i love double negatives. My guess would be virtual drive, or external though. go mac :oops:

Well, I see Mensa doesn't have to bother with looking for members from this bunch. It's quite obvious to anyone not looking for reasons to to bash Macs. The keyboard is the same one used in other MacBooks. It makesno sense to redo an entire keyboard design to remove one key, besides the eject key works on any removable drive.

Jarhead said:
Well, I see Mensa doesn't have to bother with looking for members from this bunch. It's quite obvious to anyone not looking for reasons to to bash Macs. The keyboard is the same one used in other MacBooks. It makesno sense to redo an entire keyboard design to remove one key, besides the eject key works on any removable drive.

Exactly, and removing that key would just result in more complaining down the road when people start using external drives and can't push a button to eject the disc.
Also the right click the disc icon to eject doesn't always work, I don't display any kind of drive icons on my desktop so there would be nothing for me to right click unless I opened Finder (and once you're in Finder you can just click the eject icon next to the drive icon) so it is much easier to just have the key there.

One other thing... did this really need it's own topic?

Jarhead said:
Ya got me, dunno why anyone would willingly stick with such a 'security challenged' browser seems to defy common sense :eek:
I know, lol. IE SUCKS!

Think of it in these terms....

Look at your keyboard layout. Now think....If you were to miss a button in the corner...it wouldn't look right. I'm sure the button is there purely for display effect if not for ejecting an ipod or another device.

Apple isn't stupid enough to put a non-working button there.....trust me on that.

I personally love Macs I'm not sure why people hate them, yeah sure the service may suck and their mice aren't functional (I use a Microsoft mouse and a Mac computer =D) but there computers actually work. My dad's has never frozen or crashed and he's had it it for eight years. Oh and also unlike Vista Leopard works =P. They're both good computers though except Macs are over priced and PC's crash....
Thats just my 2 cents :)
-Ostrich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back