Make a Armor Suit From Scratch By the 25th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakboy

I have been thinking of making a Halo Armor Suit for a while now and since this is the last game and all i thought i might give it a try. i know i only have 7 days left but i was just wondering if i could make a cardboard suit and paint it for the time being id that would work. or how long would it take to make a pepakura suit. maybe not fiberglassed and what not. but i really would like to eventually make a good suit.

Do what im gonna do:

Find LOTS of cardboard boxes in shapes (like arms,legs ,body itself, helmet boxes) and paint them with the color you want the armor first. Then follow up with a black paint to do the details on the box. Now put it on and vola! A cheap costume that will probably look like Mista chief.

well im constructing my armor with 2 weeks and Im doing it with moor than cardbord so lets BOTH push to get I by the 25th

truth be told I have NEVER tride somthing like this befor. :oops: SO NO reason NOT to TRY OUR HARDEST thats all one can ask of a person

Um... good luck. We're all counting on you. Speaking of the 25th I'm trying to finish my helm that I've put in about 3 weeks of work.

I keep telling myself that I'm gonna get my armor done by the 25th, and then I remember I don't have an Xbox 360...

Cardboard would look better than nonfiberglassed pepakura.Go for cardboard, take your time.

Sarge Christi said:
Cardboard would look better than nonfiberglassed pepakura.Go for cardboard, take your time.

ok so cardboard is the way to go? i think im just going to use cardboard and paint it and wear and then later ill make a much better one

Last edited by a moderator:
For a short time, yes it will work.
You'll still need to take time if you want it to look decent. Clock in 2-3hours of work per day till the 25th and it might look decent.
Pepakura is a lot of folding and might actually take longer if you're a horrible paper folder/cutter. (Like me.)

I'd suggest you start now.
Even if it's rushed, you'll still be clocking in a few hours in it.
If it turns out good, you can juse fiberglass over it later.

If you have an ubundence of printer ink, print out the fullsize .PDO's with the texture printed in color. Glue the sheets to posterboard, cut & assemble... Reinforce the open edges with additional strips of posterboard, layering it for added strength. You can also bring out the 3D aspects of the texture by layering the parts to build depth. Give the whole thing a few coats of clearcoat when finished to seal it all...

Another option is to print on colored paper with just black ink... Construction paper is good as it will give the surface a rougher texture than smooth printer paper.

Wolf

Just saying, the chances of you starting and finishing a FULL suit before midnight on the ~~~24th~~~~ is very unlikely. People should stop posting these topics. If you haven't started, its not gunna happen.

(somebody will take this wrong and start an argument. Cant WAIT! :cautious:

Andrew L said:
Just saying, the chances of you starting and finishing a FULL suit before midnight on the ~~~24th~~~~ is very unlikely. People should stop posting these topics. If you haven't started, its not gunna happen.

Yeah it's not going to happen. I would love to see you try to build one in only like 6 days, but frankly your not going to finish, period. Just go to the launch and wear a Halo t-shirt instead, cause it would be alot cheaper and definitly not as time consuming.

If he starts now and works for 2-3hours a day, he could build a suit.
He's not fiberglassing it or anything fancy.
That's why I'd say go for cardboard. It's easy, cheap and could be useful.

Grr.. people are so negative around here..

my boyfriend is doing the cardboard thing.. but i think im gonna try something different.
lol but im picky.. so if you arent picky, cardboard should work just fine. i have faith in you! =D

theres no harm in trying. i made a whole Daft Punk helmet in 16 hours, spread out over the course of 3 days.

Andrew L said:

WELL WELL WELL, two weeks and HALO3 openning. and my armor IS compleat :p . made from wonderflex my plastik armor rocked and game stop loved me for it down @ south houston. and I was grate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back