Making a full MJOLNIR suit for halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoBfrost said:
Fiberglass tape isnt good, better to use giberglass cloth,
What's the difference between Fiberglass and Gibberglass?

Lol, just kidding.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm, one key's length? :D

i pieced the helmet together today, and put a few coats of resin on the top part. i plan to do the top, let it cure, then go onto the bottom. once i have it all covered in resin, i'll do all of it for every new coat i put on. i just wanted to make sure the shape stays before i harden it all at once.

i had a spot of trouble mixing resin and hardener, i think i may have used too much hardener. i hadnt even finished on the top before i had a jelly-like disc sitting in the bottom of a dixie cup. i need to get a plastic measurer that does ounces. or some tablespoons/teaspoons that i can keep. i also need some gloves too, that stuff is mad sticky. i'm still trying to get it off my fingers.

i can't wait till i get this thing ready for paint!

aight, i pieced the anti-plasma thong together, cut it up, and resined part of it. i'm wondering how do i resin the ass section without bending out the bit of the paper belt i left on? i hope that's descriptive enough, but if it isnt i'll try to get some pics tomorrow. i want to keep it form-fitting to my waist on the back. i want to have have small cinches to secure the shlong plate to the detailed parts that go midway on the belt.

i think this calls for MS paint. i'll get to that tomorrow.

Ya im doing mine for halloween...but i still have to start it again because I still have to wait for my cardstock...how long does (anyone) think it'll take for me to get it done???

Aight, i've done some work with my helmet, torso piece and the chest armor, i thought i'd post some pics here. i noticed the helmet looks mad huge compared to the chest armor, but w/e.

[attachment=794:Me_and_helmet.JPG]
A comparison of the helmet and my head.

[attachment=796:iwearprotection.JPG]
This keeps those "easter egg" grunts from grabbing my sh1t.

[attachment=797:helmetside.JPG]
side shot of the helmet.

[attachment=795:chestpep...afrontal.JPG]
a shot showing my nicely scaled chest armor.

Very good, but I will say, it's too late to finish it for halloween, I started on the last week of september on the monday, and I am still working everyday and not having enough time to finish, I should have bought the visor for the helmet weeks ago, but now I need it and I'm not sure if it will ship to me in time.

Its never too late for halloween. I started mine on 28th september. i have not been working on it all the time and i have had to learn new skills and order in parts but i am getting there.

i have a sort of blog on another website that i have been updating.

I know i'm planning on finishing mine by the 28th. so i had a deadline of a month and the project is moving alone rather well.

I started off asking very silly questions and got many answers like "read the stickies" and "use the search button" and as long as you read them and do some research yourself it will all work out.

Prior to this i have had not experience doing anithing crafty letalone use resins and fibreglass.

it is entirly possible to complete it as long as you have the time and patience.

For us I mean, we started early, and are still working everyday, but for people now starting or people with only half of the armor done, it may be impossible or really hard.

aight, i had an epiffany thursday morning. i would not be able to finish my costume for the halloween party that took place friday night. so i took thursday off from school, printed all the pepakura and folded it. i woke up at 3 am friday and began resining everything. by 5 PM friday, all the pieces were like so:

[attachment=1193:helmet_lowres.JPG]
Helmet:Fully painted, with black visor from walmart, uses sponges for padding, needs LEDs and fans.
Chest:Fiberglassed, needs sanding, 2nd coat of resin, and painting
Left arm: fully resined outside, needs fiberglass/sanding/resin/paint
Right arm: resined, fiberglassed, needs sanding/resin/paint
Crotch:front piece fully painted, buttplate is fiberglassed
Legs: in various stages, fiberglassed at the most.
Feet:resined.

I wore a open hoodie sweater, with my "Bitches Leave" t-shirt showing underneath. When I walked into the party with that and my helmet on, everyone went ape ****. even though my visor wasnt the right color and i didnt have the rest of my suit, people were still flocking around. i'm hoping to have the rest done by the 31st to go score some candy door2door.

Well I know I'm not going to be able to finish anything else besides my helmet before Halloween so I'm gonna put a chefs costume on and a chefs hat on top of my MC helmet and be the Master Chef.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back