making a halo 3 suit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ive decided that im going to make a Halo 3 MC suit. Im not sure of the proper name but i know thats what i want. basically if anybody can help me out in attaining some reference pics that would be greatly appreciated!! yes i will be searching for some on my own time and posting them as i get them. but i figured a little help couldnt hurt right?

any differences in the armor that i should keep in mind are also appreciated! thanks guys. lookin forward to posting some pics of my future sculpts once i get the right clay and some ref pics!!

UPDATE:
Reference Pics:
121968-7-2.jpg

121968-6-2.jpg

UPDATE July 26, 2007:
Hand sculpt done:
IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

UPDATE July 31, 2007:
Jaw sculpt mostly complete.....please pm or post if any details are missing!!!!
IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg
[/img]

UPDATE August 4, 2007:
IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

You know this site we are here to help, but if you want to learn how to do things like this you have to do somethings your self such as research. :mrgreen:

i am, i just figured it would be nice that such as if anyone stumbles across a nice ref pic then it would be great to post them here. im looking believe me. im just not an expert on this.....yet lol. but yes i understand your point. im lookin

oh wow. that helps insanely. a few angles missing but for now thanks so much. unfortunately i dont have the beta for the game let alone a 360. been searching for ref pics all day and all i come up with is halo 2 stuff.

it seems that the only differences between the halo 2 suit and the halo 3 suit (im guessing they are both mk VI??) is the hand plate and the helmet?? those are the only obvious ones to me.

thanks soooo much!

first post has been updated with ref pics..

it seems to me the only differences in the armor is just the increase in detail in the actual pieces. like what used to be just a depression or low spot in the armor now has like a texture to it.

besides hightened attention to detail, it seems only the hand armor and some helmet shaping is different. i guess if i were to really look at the new "halo 3 armor" i would be lookin at the SPI and QCB armor.....i think thats what they are called at least.....

thanks for helpin me out. i guess i can just use a mk VI ref and beef up the details.thanks guys for your help!!

TD???? said:
it seems to me the only differences in the armor is just the increase in detail in the actual pieces. like what used to be just a depression or low spot in the armor now has like a texture to it.

besides hightened attention to detail, it seems only the hand armor and some helmet shaping is different. i guess if i were to really look at the new "halo 3 armor" i would be lookin at the SPI and QCB armor.....i think thats what they are called at least.....

thanks for helpin me out. i guess i can just use a mk VI ref and beef up the details.thanks guys for your help!!

Its EVA, QCB, and RAP

Last edited by a moderator:
ah oh, I got one of those feelings when you think someones armor is going to turn out good.

Just seeing those hand guards is a sign that this armor is going to turn out great!

hey guys i really appreciate your comments!!! definitely helps my inspiration and motivation tons!!

what differences are there really from the H2 version? im thinking that i might as well use adams armor as ref if i want to make H3 armor? i noticed he has the hand armor.....is the rest of his armor accurate?

well ive started on the jaw so far of the helmet. pics will be coming soon as the helmet progresses. im thinking about making the helmet in three/two pieces possibly. maybe doing the jaw seperate from the rest and have the jaw end right before the "ear lights". if im going to do that then i guess i would need to add an extension on the jaw so that it sticks into the helmet for attachment.

any ideas??
EDIT:

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST MADE WITH PICS OF JAW SCULPT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back