making a halo 3 suit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could move the tube holes down a bit, you could also make it a bit less narrower in the Z axis. (in other words, make it deeper)
It wouldn't hurt to round out the basic shape. I know you said you're a detail freak, but messing up the basic shape could kill it all.

Oh, and the dents around the nose should end in a point.

RAP Armor...

If RAP armor had been around in Halo 2, then during the scene when the Elites land all around in their pods, Cortana would have said:

"Betcha can't... BBRRRRRRRR- STICK IT!"

Also, the Brutes would just be referred to as the Beasty Boys.

And Chamillionaire would have done the main theme instead of Steve Vai...

They see me rollin' in my Warthog
But they can't stop me 'cause I'm ridin' dirty...

thanks. i was using some pics of adams armor as reference but i also didnt have any good angled helmet shots. and again i welcome all the criticism you can offer as long as its not a direct attack as to the quality of the work then im fine with a little bit of critique.

what exactly do you mean by rounded out as well as depth. do you mean the overall thickness of the jaw? and 10-4 on the triangles next to the nose, didnt realise the lack of attention i payed to that area. i had also moved the hose holes up some but maybe instead of just moving them up or down i could possibly angle them downwards instead.

any other detail changes from you guys who know what your talking about *cough* *cough* xalener *cough* *cough* are appreciated!! thanks for the input and compliments!!

You should get that cough checked out.
What I mean is the jaw is a bit flat. it needs to be longer.

((get it?))

Now that you mention it, I would suggest moving the tube holes down half an inch and tilt them, like you said.

REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD NEWS ON THE HELMET!!!!! the second sculpt cracked in half........so im no longer going to use water based clay anymore, im sick of it. i guess it was a learning experience as to what NOT to use. hopefully i can get some money together to order some clay from chavant.

anybody know if it will crack during the mold process???? if my attempts keep failing i may just settle for begging bluereal for one....i feel stupid

It shouldn't as far as I know.

How badly did it crack?

You can still re-use the clay, and the good part about is it that you've had double the pratice sculpting the helmet, so your helmet sculpts can only get better from this point on ;-)

is it possible to make a tinfoil helmet and then use oil lay to sculpt over top of the tinfoil.....to save space

The suit the chief will wear in campaign is the MJOLNIR Mk VII (7). However, in multiplayer there are armor permutations that give thousands of combinations. And I have an idea, Instead of painting battle damage why not just make the pre-mould clay have scrape-ish indents and scratches? (Don't ruin your sculpt out of this, it is just an idea)

order some clay from chavant.

anybody know if it will crack during the mold process????

No, it will not crack... it's completely stable, which is why oil based clay is the best chice for sculpts that will take some time.... it's a real pain keeping water based clay wet through the entire sculpting and moldmaking process..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after a long time of not being on the forums I'm back and looking to continue with my H3 suit project. Pretty soon I will hopefully (cross your fingers!!!!!) be getting a job so I can get some money forgetting some oilbased clay. I'm determined more than ever to make this project a success so stay tuned for more info......

i swear i didnt mean to sound like a tv program just then...... but I would appreciate helpful hints once my operation is up and running again. easy classes this year = lots of free time to sculpt my pieces!!

glad to be back

TD???? said:
Well after a long time of not being on the forums I'm back and looking to continue with my H3 suit project. Pretty soon I will hopefully (cross your fingers!!!!!) be getting a job so I can get some money forgetting some oilbased clay. I'm determined more than ever to make this project a success so stay tuned for more info......

i swear i didnt mean to sound like a tv program just then...... but I would appreciate helpful hints once my operation is up and running again. easy classes this year = lots of free time to sculpt my pieces!!

glad to be back

Ahh, me too! I need to order mine, I'm going to start the helmet first.

I just don't know if I should get the hard or medium. I'm thinking hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back