Making A Suit For Airsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have talked to some custom airsoft mask makers guys. 14 layers of fiberglass mat can withstand a 500 fps BB almost point blank. It is possible, but it would be dumb anyways.

im not fussed about time tbh or the fact that it may break as the whole point is to build a suit to airsoft in for one event for fun so if it survives then great if not then put it down to experience the battle rifle will be the bit i want to last so alot of work will go into that includeing working ammunition counter

sounds like an ambitious idea, however, I agree with most people on the thread. It could become extremely costly and you want to make sure that if you do go through all the work it will be durable enough and it will be light enough to not slow you down during the game. I would take into consideration what everyone is saying with the amount of layers you would need.

Perhaps consider using something else more than just pep and resin. For example.. perhaps purchasing something that you can use as a middle base (like one of those toy police armor things to use with the chest plate.) But good luck with the idea hopefully it works out!!

Jax Archillies said:
paintballs? even at 290fps, a paintball has a bit more energy i think than an airsoft round, plus its distributed over a larger surface area.

BOTH ideas will get your stuff broken.

now, aluminum or so forth woudl rock....

Thats exactly what im planning on. Check out my thread on p.2 of the noob forum

Last edited by a moderator:
in the elite section there's a thread called "made in canada" which is about some incredibly awesome armor that I think was eventually used for paintball.
He sculpted the pieces out of clay and then molded them, but if you want you could probably pep it and then mold it out of the same material and be fine.
If it wasn't strong, it was at the very least flexible. He was able to move around very well in it from what I recall...

As much as I appreciate that you guys have a clear goal and are making clear progress towards working the kinks out of making airsoft armor, I have to point out here that we've had a kind of unwritten rule against airsoft/paintball discussion in our forums for the following reason: there's a very real legal liability if we advise people on this topic.

We can't control how people make and use their armor, so there is always a possibility that someone reading this now or in the future will hurt themselves severely due to misinterpreting the information scattered across the forum.

Here's the semi-official statement on this:

This website and it's administrators do not recommend or endorse the use of costume armor for Paintball, Airsoft, or any other such athletic or ballistic activities.

Please exercise good judgement and consult a good psychiatrist/physician before engaging in any strenuous activity in homemade supersoldier costumes that could result in bodily harm and legal prosecution.

In short; play at your own risk, don't say we didn't warn you.

So, apologetically I have to close this discussion for legal reasons. Feel free to continue this discussion privately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back