Making my Armor, Need Advices

Polochoon

Hello everyone,

my Name is Sergueï I'm 36 years old, was born in Ukraine and living in France for 33 years already.

I'm kind of tall 196cm 6ft 43in. (same as the actor in the serie PABLO SCHREIBER)

I started the Cosplay Hobbie since the Covid, then I created my first big cosplay of Batman (my first hero)
Then I wanted to create another Cosplay of my second hero (Master Chief from Halo) It was quite a challenge.

I watched many different tutorial on how to do it with Eva foam, unfortunatly I understood I cound not do that with ease.

Then I have a friend who sold me his printer : Creality Ender-3 Pro.

Now I really want to create the Master Chief (halo infinite) armor ASAP and probably different guns too.

I have some questions :

Where can I find great Armor Files for this printer ?
is there any tutorial link to armosmith ?
why kind of glue should I use on this new material ?

I really hope some of you have the answer of these questions.
Then I'll post the WIP ^^

Attachments

• IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    11.8 MB · Views: 61
All of our community's Free 3D print files can be found in our curated list here:

etsy, and ctg trader also have some good files depending on what you want. i use e6000 glue(gorilla glues variant), it has a long cure time but holds well.

To hold 3D prints together I use CA Glue with an activator. I find it to be exceptionally strong, and I love that it cures almost instantly making it easy to assemble pieces. As Cadet said, the 3D model index should have halo infinite chief files. I think there are a few tutorials on how to use armorsmith on their website: The Armored Garage - Cosplay Software and Community for Custom Costumes but YouTube also has some great tutorials.

one more thing i for got to mention, if you have to split pieces into multiple when printing, its not a bad idea to re-enforce the inside with fiberglass/fiberglass resin, theres a tutorial for it on the website, he does it on a papikura helmet but the application is the same for re-enforcing parts. use bondo on the seams to hide the lines.

Last edited:
All of our community's Free 3D print files can be found in our curated list here:
This is amazing thx for the link
etsy, and ctg trader also have some good files depending on what you want. i use e6000 glue(gorilla glues variant), it has a long cure time but holds well.
I need to find something like this on French market. Maybe Amazon ?
To hold 3D prints together I use CA Glue with an activator. I find it to be exceptionally strong, and I love that it cures almost instantly making it easy to assemble pieces. As Cadet said, the 3D model index should have halo infinite chief files. I think there are a few tutorials on how to use armorsmith on their website: The Armored Garage - Cosplay Software and Community for Custom Costumes but YouTube also has some great tutorials.
I bought ArmorSmith and create my avatar. I will follow this link to see what I can learn. Thx
one more thing i for got to mention, if you have to split pieces into multiple when printing, its not a bad idea to re-enforce the inside with fiberglass/fiberglass resin, theres a tutorial for it on the website, he does it on a papikura helmet but the application is the same for re-enforcing parts. use bondo on the seams to hide the lines.
This is a great advice too. I’ll look forward how to find this material in France and check if I can find a great tutorial. I’ll certainly follow this advice thx

This is amazing thx for the link

I need to find something like this on French market. Maybe Amazon ?

I bought ArmorSmith and create my avatar. I will follow this link to see what I can learn. Thx

This is a great advice too. I’ll look forward how to find this material in France and check if I can find a great tutorial. I’ll certainly follow this advice thx
I don't think amazon will have what your looking for but good luck

Is there any tutorial explaining how to cut a objet like the helmet which is too big for the print ?
Try using the free software by Autodesk called Meshmixer. It does well at splitting up 3D models, and if you want to take it a step further, you can add alignment pins.

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back