Making Pep helmets with out any casting and molds???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden26

So originally for my Films I was going to make a mold and slush cast my helmets. My budget is getting tighter and I no longer can buy the casting material. So I would like to ask if anyone knows methods used to makes helmets out of pep to a finished good copy. I don't mind building the model over and over again because it is really easy and fast. I saw someone use a paste like material and sanded it down but I would like to here others methods. Thanks!

You can just do the whole fiberglass and bondo method most people do, you could can do it the 'lazy way' my friends and I do.

Basically we pep the helmet, harden it with fiberglass/smooth cast. Then slush rondo or smooth cast on the inside to make it harder.

blurry picture is blurry.

10336591_10152588217157049_289555504793293953_n.jpg

You can just do the whole fiberglass and bondo method most people do, you could can do it the 'lazy way' my friends and I do.

Basically we pep the helmet, harden it with fiberglass/smooth cast. Then slush rondo or smooth cast on the inside to make it harder.

blurry picture is blurry.

10336591_10152588217157049_289555504793293953_n.jpg

I thought rondo was to brittle? So could I do just Fiberglass resin inside and out, bondo on the outside and rondo on the inside?

Rondo is one part bondo and one part fiberglass... so I don't know.

but if you do both bondo outside and rondo inside, you're looking at a heavy bucket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back