MARK IV ARMOR (CONFIRMED BY HALOWIKI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
drgon47 said:
Your sir, are awesome. Im actually buying some clay this weekend to start sculpting that helmet.
Great, i want to see how that goes. im looking for a good one. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
volkov said:
wasnt the mark IV supposed to be garbage? maybe its just an early mark V... Mark VI changed from halo 2 to halo 3 a bit... Although that does seem pretty dramatically different, very cool
also, I havn't really read the books, but are all armor suits of a certain "mark" the same? Like do all the spartans look identical in mark V armor? I thought I heard that some of them deviated.. but like I said, I havn't read the books.
No the Mark IV wasn't garbage. It was the shieldless and bulkier version predeccessor of the Mark V seen in Halo: Combat Evolved. Bungie has said that the armor in Halo 2 and Halo 3 are the same armor.

Theoretically yes. Never in the books did they mention that the Spartans had armor that looked different on anothers unless it was a different mark. The Spartan III's though have a different armor sytem though. They have SPI armor. It was based on the Mjlonir armor the Spartan II's used like the Master Chiefs. It's cheaper, less bulky, smoother, had active camo, less oxygen, no energy sheilds, and cosmetically different.

ok, let me correct a few things, it IS the mk VI, Halo wars is set before halo 1, around the first time the UNSC met the covenant (there might be some campaigns on harvest?)

the Spartans in the pictures and in halo wars are SPARTAN II's, the spartan 1's were all killed during the argumentation progress. i would explane more but thats what the novels are for (PLEASE read the first one, the back story is very important)
the spartan III's wear SPI armor (semi powered infiltration armor) If you want to find out about them i would suggest reading ghosts of onyx

im also planning to make the mk VI after i finish my mk IV

p0rtalman said:
ok, let me correct a few things, it IS the mk VI, Halo wars is set before halo 1, around the first time the UNSC met the covenant (there might be some campaigns on harvest?)

the Spartans in the pictures and in halo wars are SPARTAN II's, the spartan 1's were all killed during the argumentation progress. i would explane more but thats what the novels are for (PLEASE read the first one, the back story is very important)
the spartan III's wear SPI armor (semi powered infiltration armor) If you want to find out about them i would suggest reading ghosts of onyx

im also planning to make the mk VI after i finish my mk IV

Well what IS the Mark VI (6) you are referring to... if its Halo Wars Spartan Armor... its most likely MK IV (4), seeing as the game is set before the First Halo Game, and the Chief wore Mk V (5) armor in it. Halo 2 and 3 are Mk VI (6) armor.

I still hold with the theory (especially considering the one piece of concept art with the Mk V in it) that the Spartans will have upgradable armor in the game.There is also the strong possibility that this is a perm armor.

ok first off mark 4 is not the oldest kind of armor they wore, the old odst suits and helms was. if u read the first book, they were taking out rouges (i think) and got away by using the stolen pelican. : )

p.s. they were in a holoed out astroid .

Spase said:
Well what IS the Mark VI (6) you are referring to... if its Halo Wars Spartan Armor... its most likely MK IV (4), seeing as the game is set before the First Halo Game, and the Chief wore Mk V (5) armor in it. Halo 2 and 3 are Mk VI (6) armor.
My head just a-splode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back