Master Chief Halo 4 - Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Master Chief helm man! Keep it up!

And that Locust helm is fantastic! If only it were wearable... if only.

It has been a while since I last update this thread. Been busy updating my YouTube channel.

Two months ago I started molding my helmet first time ever. I noticed that the helmet is not entirely game accurate, but I went with it anyway.
IMG_2857.jpg

The first cast was disaster. The subsequent casts were fine. Look right.
IMG_2885.jpg

Size is right, but the visor is too narrow. May have a hard time installing visor and wear it at the same time. :(
IMG_2887.jpg

By the way, I had to destroy my original master helmet because I missed a step when creating the hard jacket for the mold. Watch my video in my YouTube channel. Very sad.

I stopped working on this helmet for a while after finding out that it doesn't fit my head. I may finish it up just for display.
LocustFront.jpg

Anyway, some has asked how to see out the helmet. There are several ways, and none is feasible or cheap.

I found this today, but the glasses are not getting good review. Plus it is quite expensive. $750 street price, in case anyone is interested. You need to hack it to be able to view through a camera.

http://cinemizer.zeiss.com/cinemizer-oled/en_de/home.html

cinemizer.jpg

Many of the Halo4 helmets are impossible to fit onto a human head :)

As for looking out of them, you can always use small mirrors to build some kind of periscope. I'm not sure how well one could handle small items, but it should make navigating reasonably open spaces possible.

ImageForArticle_117(1).jpg

I've thought about it, but building a periscope in tight spaces is not easy. Plus, if you see through a periscope long enough you may likely get a "vertigo" effect.

I stopped working on this helmet for a while after finding out that it doesn't fit my head. I may finish it up just for display.
LocustFront.jpg

Anyway, some has asked how to see out the helmet. There are several ways, and none is feasible or cheap.

I found this today, but the glasses are not getting good review. Plus it is quite expensive. $750 street price, in case anyone is interested. You need to hack it to be able to view through a camera.

http://cinemizer.zeiss.com/cinemizer-oled/en_de/home.html

cinemizer.jpg
you can attach a camera to the hook ups via USB and mount the pin hole camera to the helmet

That's insane, but I like it. I also agree with the periscope idea. I wouldn't mind the vertigo though. Use a heavy material to line the inside of the back (of the LOCUS) to counteract the tipping?

aww well it is a bummer that the helmet doesnt fit your head because it is beautiful! But at least it will make a cool display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back