Materials and tools in Australia

I get my filament from Lumin's Workshop - they stock varieties of PLA, PLA+ and PETG
Thanks for the alternative. Might want to price shop that against PhaserFPV. Looks like Lumin's is $10/spool more.
Lumins wants $39 for eSun PETG and Phaser is getting $29... and discounts if you buy 5, 10, 15...

And something like $200 in merch gets you free shipping; which isn't hard to do if you buy 8+ spools at once.
1663234122647.png

Not sure if this is Necroposting - old thread but not like there is a more current one for AU specific material sourcing...

I'm not much of a foam guy: I'm a 3d print guy. Looking for a more cost effective source on black EVA foam in the 4mm-9mm thicknesses. I've been getting it at Clark Rubber but they want the Earth for it. Anyone have a lead on a better source for those sizes?

Well I think a post like this needs occasional updating. Eg The Hero Studio has closed.

What you want is to order from Lumin's Workshop. Lumin's Workshop

They have 3 main densities inc standard HD and a more dense and stiff foam great for props.
Can also get foam clay. Can sometimes get FlexBond if it's in stock.

Lumin's has a pretty friendly and knowledgeable Discord too.

PlayByProxy.com has HexFlex Primer which is a cheaper and just as effective alternative to FlexBond. They have some flexible self-levelling brush on paints that look promising but I've not tested them. Last I checked their HD foam is less dense than the HD foam that Lumin's sells. Based on a small sample size, they kind of have a reputation for being really slow to post and also respond to queries.

Thanks Callianis

Lumin's was also the advice I was getting on the 405th Discord. I was just looking to avoid that situation we all hit on occassion:
Right after you order someone pipes up with
> Why did you order from them? Blahblahblah has the same stuff at half the price.

Did the Lumins order yesterday. So now just waiting to get it and run it through the laser

The PlayByProxy site is a new one to me, so that's bookmarked now. Much appreciated!

The MTN94 line is also available at some of the "Dulux Inspiration Paints". I get it from the one in Cleveland, QLD
Weren't you talking about the Polycraft on Discord? How did your testing/trials turn out?

Attachments

• 1709205214942.png
    1709205214942.png
    1 MB · Views: 12
Not sure if this is Necroposting - old thread but not like there is a more current one for AU specific material sourcing...
An informational thread like this is one of the few places you don't have to worry about Necro Posting, especially if you are adding new information or updates on old information. It's a little different when you are trying to help and share information with your fellow members that helps everyone, than when you are bumping up someone else's build thread who hasn't logged in for like 3 years to just say "Looks good."

In fact, if this thread ever autolocks for inactivity, let me know and I will unlock it, or if you would like me to make some edits to the Original Post to update information just give me a summary of helpful updates you need.

Can second Lumins for their EVA, I use theirs for my other commissions (I'm a foamsmith), fairly good quality for the price,

Also as an aside for other resources/materials to use while crafting. A diamond sharpener for re sharpening blades is invaluable, I still have my original blades in my box cutter and scalpels from new. Cutting EVA foam will blunt those blades real quick! $$$ savings builds up over time ;)

The MTN94 line is also available at some of the "Dulux Inspiration Paints". I get it from the one in Cleveland, QLD
Weren't you talking about the Polycraft on Discord? How did your testing/trials turn out?

Yes I was, so far it's looking to be a really good replacement the only downside I see is you have to give it a really over the top shake up as my nozzle almost clogged up first use and it looks to be a common thing with the review it has on SCA and some other friends who also bought some to use. Other than that once it does work as it should it comes out really nicely.

you have to give it a really over the top shake up
SawsAll spray can shaker

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back