ME3 armor and Halo 4 MC helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

loxton117

Hey all, I've not been on here for ages!
A while ago I decided, "mass effect armor must be made!" Then tried it in foam and discovered I'm terrible at it, so I lost interest and shifted to making odd props of random things.
But recently a friend asked me if I could make him a suit from mass effect 3, so i'm trying a scratch build sculpt, may or may not work out....
Also planning on making a Halo 4 MC helmet and possibly other Forerunner based items :)
IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

And here's a carter scratch sculpt I started but it got destroyed a few days from finish :(
IMG_0277.jpg

And lastly, this is a sketch that I did for a fanfic a friend is doing; it's a concept of Daro'xen from ME2/3, the shading does look right, just the over exposure from the scanner killed a lot and my lazy effort to edit it didn't get great results.
dar1.jpg

Looking good so far! I don't think I've ever seen someone sculpt ME armor before . Consider yourself the first!

Thank you, I hope I can do an entire suit, my time is greatly restricted with training and study and work.
I'm currently sick so my mind aint all there right now, but I'm trying to think of a good way to get the texture right?
A small idea was to take a mold/imprint from to textured surface of some EVA foam and then press that pattern into the clay...
And when I get around to making the Halo 4 MC helmet I think I might make two, one as a pep and another as a sculpt, just to see which is better.

Thank you, I hope I can do an entire suit, my time is greatly restricted with training and study and work.
I'm currently sick so my mind aint all there right now, but I'm trying to think of a good way to get the texture right?
A small idea was to take a mold/imprint from to textured surface of some EVA foam and then press that pattern into the clay...
And when I get around to making the Halo 4 MC helmet I think I might make two, one as a pep and another as a sculpt, just to see which is better.

Sounds like a good plan! I have seen a method where you pour melted clay into a pep helmet and remove the paper so you have a base to add details too . I'll go and see if I can find the thread and I'll edit it into this post asap!

EDIT:

Here it is!

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26253-Pepakura-Clay-Pour-helmet-Method

I think I'm going to give this a try on my dragon priest mask from Skyrim and I'll let you know how it works for me!

That's actually a very cool idea... I had a slightly similar idea to cut out the bulk of the building stage of a helmet by doing the pep then pouring clay over the outside, then you can get it even smoother and more detailed without having to use as much...
So, the one as a pep and one as a sculpt has converted into one that's a bit of both :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back