Mega Man Volnutt .objs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afr0Blu3

Jr Member
So i got bored earlier and made a model of Mega Man Volnutt's armour from the old Mega Man Legends games on PSOne (aka Mega Man 64 on N64).

megamansketch.jpg

It could easily be unfolded for Pepakura if anyone wanted to give it a shot. I've already made a few modifications to the .objs to make the suit a little more practical, I cut out spaces in the sides of the torso and shoulders for people's arms to get through and seperated the neck collar from the torso too.

If you want to make any modifications to the .obj, feel free, just remember to credit me for the original model.

I'm posting a regular model and a subdivided, smoohter version, not sure what would be best for Pepakura work.

At any rate, enjoy.

Normal definition:

http://sjwebster.com/extra/Volnutt.zip

Volnutt1.jpg

High definition

http://sjwebster.com/extra/VolnuttSubbed.zip

Volnutt2.jpg

Nice model that looks pep freindly. (even the Higher Def) I'm thinking about usung it for my 5yr old son's next haloween costume. Would it be possible for you to break the 3d model into individual parts so that I could try an unfold? I have no modeling skills whatsoever, or I'd try to do it myself. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

\m/

Thanks :) I've updated the Zip files to include all the pieces individually as .objs for anyone who wishes to make unfolds from them. The arm and leg pieces are all symmetrical so you can get away with just making the same piece twice.

Good luck building one for your kid, I hope it turns out well.

I'm a student on a Games Art & Design course so I do some 3D modelling when I get bored at home, for practice. I can also put any 3D models I make in my spare time into a seperate submission for points towards my degree at the end of the year.

Afr0Blu3 said:
I'm a student on a Games Art & Design course so I do some 3D modelling when I get bored at home, for practice. I can also put any 3D models I make in my spare time into a seperate submission for points towards my degree at the end of the year.

what type of course are you taking? is it done in a collage, high school or some special place? i have been looking for such programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a three year degree, two years' FDA and one year BA, so by the end of it you have a Bachelor's Honours Degree. It's done at an art school with two or three tutorials per week. We're assessed by projects we do over the course of the year. I'm in my final year now so this year we have one project due in at the start of January, for mine I'm designing a main character for a game, and a second project which starts after January, for mine I'll be taking the character I've designed, making a 3D model, texturing and animating it. I also have my dissertation to write alongside those two projects, I'm writing about how digital games may have affected recruitment rates with games like America's Army created specifically for that purpose, and also how games like Call of Duty might glorify the idea of war. I'll then go on to write about how the technology that powers digital games is also used to make their simulators that they use for training and how they use XBox 360 pads to pilot unmanned craft.

I can have a go at making the backpack, boots and, if I can find some good reference pics to draw some orthographics from, the helmet too.

If someone really wants me to try other MM armours I can give them a go, just post some good reference pics and I'll see what I can do.

I didn't find any good pics of that particular helmet yet, but I did find a free, high poly Megaman X model on turbosquid.com. The model was created by Notsogr8one and is in .3DS &.MAX format.

For me, game accuracy is not that important, I would just like a helmet to complete the suit. Here's some pics:

mmxright.jpg

mmxperspective.jpg

mmxback.jpg

Here's The links to the files.

MegaManX 3DS

MegaManX MAX

I did find some pics of the MM Volnutt Helmet, maybe you can use them.

mml2boxart.jpg

mmvolnuttpoweredbuster.jpg

mmvolnuttscreenshot.gif

I can probably make the Legends helmet from those reference pics. I'll post it up with the boots after Christmas.

hello Afr0Blu3, I am new to the world of pepakura and was scouting for a Megaman Volnutt one and i found yours. At first I was excited, but the links you provided are not working anymore. If it wouldn't be a trouble, can you give me the working files through a PM (both ver). And also is it compatible with Pepakura Viewer? Because that is all that I have at the moment. (your pic doesn't look like it) Thank you. You'll be doing a BIG favor for a newbie :) (also do you have the boots?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back