Metallic grey spray paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfmeister101

Hi, can anyone recommend a good metallic black/grey spray paint for my foam automag? I'm planning on coating it with a few layers of anthracite grey plastidip but I'm needing the shiny metallic grey that's shown on the picture :3

43b21ede55ba261febdbb52eaaba5ea1.jpg

40d1300d66197cc8c60b42de6d8a804e.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 43b21ede55ba261febdbb52eaaba5ea1.jpg
    43b21ede55ba261febdbb52eaaba5ea1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 40d1300d66197cc8c60b42de6d8a804e.jpg
    40d1300d66197cc8c60b42de6d8a804e.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 182
I might use it for my main suit but it's not quite the shade I'm looking for :D
I know nothing about spray paint so I'm just going to wing it and hope it works

I actually use rustoleum hammered grey/ silver. It's a dark metallic grey and if you don't want the hammered look then apply back and forth as standard. You need to spot spray for a good hammered look.

I actually use rustoleum hammered grey/ silver. It's a dark metallic grey and if you don't want the hammered look then apply back and forth as standard. You need to spot spray for a good hammered look.
Thanks, I'll check it out

Probably my best example of the paint scheme that I used in standard lighting conditions. Sorry that it's my ODST in the Tracer "Butt Pose"

14333846_1284067141606058_6193012416807141592_n.jpg

I used Krylon ColorMaster Paint + Primer Smoke Grey as the primer/base followed by Krylon Dual Superbond Nickel as a main coat and then dusted with both the nickel and a Krylon ColorMaster Satin Black at the same time to cloud the surface finish to a dark gunmetal shade. Edges were then highlighted with an abused toothbrush and acrylic light grey working up to white on the extreme edges.

Probably my best example of the paint scheme that I used in standard lighting conditions. Sorry that it's my ODST in the Tracer "Butt Pose"

View attachment 33242

I used Krylon ColorMaster Paint + Primer Smoke Grey as the primer/base followed by Krylon Dual Superbond Nickel as a main coat and then dusted with both the nickel and a Krylon ColorMaster Satin Black at the same time to cloud the surface finish to a dark gunmetal shade. Edges were then highlighted with an abused toothbrush and acrylic light grey working up to white on the extreme edges.
Thanks, loving the tracer pose!

I found this Rust-oleum paint on sale at the hardware store, it's available in a number of metallic colours. This one is "dark steel". The test piece on the left has a coat of black, followed by a coat of the steel paint. The one on the right is the steel only. I've been able to paint right on the foam with both. I'm not terribly happy with the Beauty-Tone black, it takes a long time to dry and seems to be brittle.
paint-experiment.jpg

I found this Rust-oleum paint on sale at the hardware store, it's available in a number of metallic colours. This one is "dark steel". The test piece on the left has a coat of black, followed by a coat of the steel paint. The one on the right is the steel only. I've been able to paint right on the foam with both. I'm not terribly happy with the Beauty-Tone black, it takes a long time to dry and seems to be brittle.
View attachment 33249

How do you like the dark steel, i was looking at picking that one up the other day.

How do you like the dark steel, i was looking at picking that one up the other day.
I've only used it for the quick test that you see in the photo. I just gave it a quick single coat, so it seems to cover well. I like the color of the steel over a black base coat. I'll let you know when I have a chance to paint a bigger piece.

Anything that needed to look "metallic black" on my build, I spray painted with a good metallic silver(It was something Rustoleum, I can't remember exactly what), then coated in a matte medium, and sponged black acrylic on top to get it to that "gunmetal" sort of shade.

Anything that needed to look "metallic black" on my build, I spray painted with a good metallic silver(It was something Rustoleum, I can't remember exactly what), then coated in a matte medium, and sponged black acrylic on top to get it to that "gunmetal" sort of shade.
I'll give it a try, I looked up your build btw, looking great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back