Metasequoia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kungfuquickness

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/helpdh.jpg/ <- image if top image does not work.

I have come to you for help after much google searching.

Here is the deal, I have been playing with metasequoia and pepakura. I made this model (bottom right) and I would like to print it out on cardstock, yet my primitives (objects) wont merge together. Im obviously doing something wrong. See attached image. I made two test squares to show my problem.

Kungfuquickness said:

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/helpdh.jpg/ <- image if top image does not work.

I have come to you for help after much google searching.

Here is the deal, I have been playing with metasequoia and pepakura. I made this model (bottom right) and I would like to print it out on cardstock, yet my primitives (objects) wont merge together. Im obviously doing something wrong. See attached image. I made two test squares to show my problem.

Pepakura doesn not merge objects simply because they appear to occupy the same space. That is something YOU have to do in whatever modelling program you are using (in this case, metasequoia). You need to make those two objects into one object via shared vertices before pepakura will consider it a contiguous object. Actually it's often not as simple as it seems to tell you the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the faces you are trying to merge are in the same plane, select the object drop down menu, click join closed vertices, and increase the number to .5 or 1. Hit ok. It should have joined all the vertices that are on top of each other. Now, select some of the faces around each joint that was closed and hide them so you can see in there to delete the unneeded faces on the interior of the model. Let me know if you still have problems.

EDIT: Ooops, I spoke without looking close at the pic. You're going to have to move the lines around so the vertices are occupying the same space. Click the line selection tool, select a line, click move, use the arrows to align the verts. Or you could do the same thing by moving the verts. It's just a little faster moving the lines. Then do the same as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back