MjolnirArmor mentioned in Comicon review by Tex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
HBO forum member Tex spent the week at Comicon and wrote a review... she tells stories of making her own cardboard armor to wear to the event, gets a Link4044 helmet signed by Joe Staten, runs into The Propmaker and mentions our site.[

She spent a good deal of time there reviewing all the Halo stuff./ She has some pics of the Rubies suit (She calls that guy the 'beer belly MasterChief"), and has some great pics of all the Halo merch.

Read about her Comicon Halo pilgramage here:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.f....pl?read=820864

P1010009.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010053.jpg

smile.jpg

thats one of my older helmets....i dont make that one any more....wow i sold that one years ago....nice to see it again

Who's this tex person?

I acted like I know the answer to this question, but I really dont. :$ops:

All I know about her is that she's a member of HBO's forums and apparently well connected enough to get an interview with Eric Nylund, and to hang around with KP and Joe Staten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
Who's this tex person?

I acted like I know the answer to this question, but I really dont. :$ops:

All I know about her is that she's a member of HBO's forums and apparently well connected enough to get an interview with Eric Nylund, and to hang around with KP and Joe Staten.

She's fat and calls MC Fat, how dare she.

link4044 said:
well the guy thats wearing the suit is kinda on the chunky side

so is the chick in the tomb Raider out fit (sorry to her if she ever reads this (which i doubt)).

Adam said:
why not, there are plenty of fat stormtroopers.
Roflmao. I just pictured a fat stormtrooper running one mile an hour chasing after a target who is walking and passing him.

MC Chris said:
link4044 said:

so is the chick in the tomb Raider out fit (sorry to her if she ever reads this (which i doubt)).
Well, It's obvious she does. If she didn't, this topic wouldn't exist because she wouldn't mention this site.
Everybody'd better edit their posts.
Don't want to repeat the whole ODST armor thing.

"comment:This is no where near as good as adam's
comment:Yeah adam's is better.
armor maker:Hey, just decided to make an account here.
.........akward.

xalener said:
MC Chris said:
link4044 said:

Well, It's obvious she does. If she didn't, this topic wouldn't exist because she wouldn't mention this site.

"comment:This is no where near as good as adam's
comment:Yeah adam's is better.
armor maker:Hey, just decided to make an account here.
.........akward.

That would be rather akward if several members posted how Tex was fat as she viewed the topic.

Well guys, there's only one Tex I know of who would have Black armor, a Freelancer shirt, and some high level Halo connections...

I was going to suggest the same thing. Please edit your posts and don't rush to the opportunity to flame members of the Halo fan community in the future.
It kinda makes us all look bad.

We wouldn't want to become like 90%of the other fan groups and/or fan reproduction organizations out there.

If they're fans, it's impressive and admirable that they want to show their love by costuming or a milieu of other ways. Not every fan that "cosplays" is the ideal physique for the character or universe that they do but the fact that they do it is impressive. Would you put long hours, sleepless nights, and last-minute corrections and tweaks into something you'd maybe get 5 people to notice (or 500, depending on the event) but know, sort of dread, but deal with anyway the fact that the majority of the people will either insult you to your face or laugh about you behind your back (and online)? Most people are too self conscious to do that.... Excepting Sailor Bubba and ManFaye.

If they're paid money to do something and they're not fans, it's understandable why it's not to the Fan's expectations (and some would argue that there's nothing that you can do that will please every fan). However, if you're trying to promote something at an event where you're guaranteed a large number of fans will take interest, you'd better get someone whom is both a fan and a skilled craftsman (or woman) if you're going to do something like have a Master Chief promo person. The pictures that I've seen aren't horrendous if it was a poor(ish) fan who'd home brewed their suit, but since (as I understand it) WizKids (or whomever) paid either for this suit to be made or paid this guy to wear his home suit it's damn near inexcusable for them to have not done their "homework" better.

I would do a Master Chief if I thought I'd be in good enough physical shape by Launch date to pull it off respectably. Since I'm not, I'm going to try to do an ODST (from ~300 pages of Pepakura parts). I think this "Tex" (a fan of RvB, since I'm 90% certain the Tex from RvB knows the RvB people already [and I think has freelancer in her handle somewhere]).

I wish Chewie's Master Chief/Spartan could have faced off against the "Master Chubs/Spar-tum." That I would have paid good money to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back