MK VII ABS Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole 079

Here are some pictures of my Summer Vacation Project.

Mjolnir Mk VII, made from ABS. For this project, I've taught myself how to weld plastic, as it gave myself a whole new range of how to fit pieces together.

1st set of images you can see the boots and legs are mostly done, I'm working on the "plate carrier". The back is still empty. I decided to actually use the slits in the front for an active venting system, hence the cables sticking out

20220725_161412.jpg
20220725_161421.jpg
20220725_161529.jpg

The black lump und the thigh is a holster that the Mk50 will go onto. for the Groin I'm using a motorcycle protector belt. I tried multiple solutions, that was the only one that didn't fall apart on me (I can't sow)

Here you can see the raw build is pretty much done. The collar piece is still missing. Right thigh has the mk50 attached, left thigh has a second radio, 3 grenades and a small utility pouch.
The black sections on the chest look a bit different from ingame. They contain a weapon hookup system that allows you to comfortably carry you primary weapon without a sling (which would ruin the spartan look, imo.
20220821_101837.jpg
20220821_101851.jpg
20220821_101911.jpg

The last image is with the Mk VI Gen 3 Helmet. It was the first piece i got for this project (the helmets I bought). It has lights in it for use in dark indoor environments. It also has an attempt at recreating the splinter camo pattern, whereas the MK VII helmet is just plain green

20220821_102029.jpg

Now fully painted. I decided to go the plain green. It was easier to make, will be easier to fix (in case something breaks or needs fixing).

Note that the "ass pouch" and both side pouches on the belt are load bearing. With the two pouches on the chest, this gives me a total magazine capacity of 6.
For the mounting system on the gauntlets I went standard picatinny rails, as this is the easiest way of actually attaching something. I tried magnetic lock solutions a few times during the project (e.g. the neck shroud was supposed to magnetically lock to the helmet, the belt sides to the crotch, etc) but it turns out, even the strongest magnets I could get were insuficient to hold out against just moving around.

20220904_134052.jpg
20220904_134109.jpg
20220904_134154.jpg

There are still a few issues. most notably, the belt currently has all its weight to the rear and is incredible saggy, to the point where the spinal column on the undersuit and the back plate don't meet up properly any more. The knee pads are currently attached to the pants dircetly. the are horrible and wobble all over the place.

20220925_131344.jpg
20220925_131416.jpg

I've added two pitol mag pouches to the front. While not totally canon, it helps a lot with the weight distribution.
What else...
Both helmets and the chest include an active venting system. The back plate contains hydration, radio and storage for spare batteries.

Knee pads I will completely redo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back