Mk VII Reference Pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen there are essentially three major groupings of reference pics for the HALO 3 armour:

1. Two of the videos/advertisements for the third game -- Video 01, Video 02

2. Hi-res renders from Bungie.net -- Pic 01

3. A set of renders of the in-game model posted elsewhere on this board -- Pic 01

Now, of course everyone who's made or is making thier own MJOLNIR armour is entitled to some personal creative license in just how they detail it, but I have to admit I've often posed the question to myself of "which reference source should one use for detail/accuracy?".

Is it all dependant on if a person wants thier armour to represent what's seen in the videos, or what's seen in the game? Just what is everyone's take on this aspect of the process? I'd like to know what others think, as I'm at the moment torn between just which to go with when I get to the point of detailing my own armour.

Thoughts? Comments? o_O

I would make a compromise between the two. Give a bit of the movie only things while give mainly game. The game is the real deal and most will know its look by November.

Whats different about the Mk VII, compared to the good'ol Mk VI the only thing that looks different is the hand armour.

If you take a close look at the Mk VI (HALO 2) and the Mk VII (HALO 3), you'll notice there are some other slight changes to the detailing on the sides of the helmet, the thigh armour and maybe one or two other areas. There's also more pronounced battle damage on the Mk VII. They're not necessarily all major revisions, but just enough to differentiate between the two types... :whistle:

No one else?

I guess the real question is: how much detail is too much? What if I were to incorporate all details from both the video and in-game renders?

There's also the issue of some areas showing conflicting details.

Then again, the armour wouldn't really be representative of either one, and sort of defeat the purpose of what I'm trying to do, which is create an accurate set of Mk VII armour.

well as i remeber there wee a few add ons to he Mjolnir MarkVI system, and not very suit got them. so technically not every suit is NOT the same. i know theres a few cool things i want to do to my armor that isnt 100% accurate. just do your best detailing and add stuff you think will be cool.

i cant find good references either and im trying to make the Halo 3 version with some of extra things of mine.

mark VI is the armor from halo2 they just didnt upgrade the armor in halo 3 although there are some small changes
It says on the red band on the thigh and on the bicep hard to see but all it says is VI

ah ic. i know the Mark VI is the armor, i used its name in previous posts. i just didnt know what he was referring to.

i was actually going to correct the OP and say there was no MarkVII but i wanted to look around to make sure. the Halo 3 armor is just the MarkVI with some different pieces.

Adam said:
that's a mark VI - look at the leg, says so right there.

If you take a look at the details, most notably said leg (thigh), you'll see some of the additional panelling that was added to the HALO 3 in-game model. So, although it says "VI" on the leg it's the successor to what was seen in HALO 2.

Xavier said:
#3 is a render from the DOA model.

Thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't quite sure myself, but I knew they'd been posted elsewhere here.

MandoMan531 said:
ah ic. i know the Mark VI is the armor, i used its name in previous posts. i just didnt know what he was referring to.

i was actually going to correct the OP and say there was no MarkVII but i wanted to look around to make sure. the Halo 3 armor is just the MarkVI with some different pieces.

Well, I was referring to the HALO 3 armour as Mk VII as I'd seen a few others around here refer to it as that. So, I simply assumed that's what Bungie had dubbed it. Of course, I could be wrong, and therefore part of what I said in my first of three replies here is then contradictory in of itself (you can just disregard my non-sensical reply to your last post Adam, LOL).

Still, I think everyone understands just what it is I'm asking about here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back