Mkvi Armor Ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordon321

So as some of you know i've been working on my armor for about a month and all the pieces are pepped and the helmet just about complete, well every monday we have a cleaning lady that comes over and everytime she takes all my pepped pieces including my gun chest piece ect. and piles it all on top of eachother, i tell her not to do that and i leave for a few days on sunday, come back and find it piled up again, crushed and torn to all hell and back, so now i've got nothing but a hand plate and assault rifle and i've got do do a monthes worth of pepping all over again, i think its safe to say i'm not making it to my october 31st deadline which i'm pretty pissed about besides having to redo "everything". considered giving up but working as much as i did i'd feel like i wasted more time that already has been

mc hammer time said:
omg...thats terrible! how did they get so ripped up?

no idea, nobady knew about it and havent been in the basement apparently, but theres some weird black powder crap on some pieces which lead me to believe something happened to it that nobody is telling me, bc i only had it spread out on a couch. maybe the weight of the pieces crush itself idk

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Fang said:
i can get my elite buddy's to kill her if you want

only if i don't do it myself, i really dont feel like starting all over again, i mean the chest piece i can at least size better and make a higher res one but still she even crushed a hip piece that i was still working on and wasn't even near the others

I know its tough. Same happened to me. Take a break for a day, and then go back at it. But this time since you dont have a deadline, take longer per piece and have fun with it.

i know how u feel, i had a helmet that i was building for my friend and had it on a table in my garage. and one day i couldn't find it and then find it crushed and ripped under a couple of bags my dad had blindly threw on top of it.what did the cleaning lady say about it?

owen saber said:
i know how u feel, i had a helmet that i was building for my friend and had it on a table in my garage. and one day i couldn't find it and then find it crushed and ripped under a couple of bags my dad had blindly threw on top of it.what did the cleaning lady say about it?

havent talked to her yet, but I will, oh I will.

i feel your pain. i had just finished pepping my ODST helmet when my sister tossed a book on top of it. she didnt realize and felt quite bad so i forgave her. two days later, the chest piece and my restart on the helmet got crushed by a bigger heavier book. sadness. now my pieces get to sit on a bookshelf (ironically the only place in my room were there are no books) and are safe from further harm.

Man I really feel for you ... You may try a 20.00 bookshelf thats what I use and my wife and kids stopped destroying mine. Get a deep one though the chest pieces are hard to fit on it.

Sorry this happened, but I wouldn't lose your cool. But do ask what happened, and next time find a good place to store it, like your closet, or a very high shelf that she can't reach.

While nowhere near the vested time you've spent, I lost about 10 hours worth of pep work on my first ODST (WETA) helmet. Left it out on my coffee table where my dog decided she didn't like ODST quite as much as I did - and consequently tore it to shreds as I slept. My second round of pep work on the same item was also destroyed. I left it up on the kitchen counter overnight, far from the reach of my dog and my cat tore it to shreds. Obviously, my pets feel Halo has taken up too much of my time I could have been spending with them, and wish to quash all attempts to go any further.

I'm on my third attempt. This time I keep all of the pieces up high in a locked closet. Here's to hoping some random rodent or bug doesn't decide that they too dislike the Halo franchise and my attempts to costume.

Again, I didn't quite lose as much work as you, but I'm not giving up - as frustrating as it is. I'm sorry to hear about your project setbacks but I believe we're all behind you when we advise getting back on the horse, as daunting as it may be. Personally, I'm pushing for the personal reward that comes with a complete project.

I feel your pain. I had finished my helmet,had both shoulders done as well as the chest glued to together. My two boys, who love to help daddy, decided to try and finish my project for me. Needless to say they don't do the same quality work I like. So I have to start again. So much for my Halloween costume. I couldn't get mad at them because they are two and one years old. Oh the joy of kids!!

Run an electric current through your pieces, that'll keep 'em off, XD.

But in all seriousness, that really sucks man. But hey, there's always next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back