Mmmmm... Gears of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReheatedHeroics

Just have to say, amazing game.
If Halo 3's graphics will look this good real-time (and I'm sure they will) then I'll be taking my sabbatical mid November next year.

Anyone who has a 360 needs to at least rent gears of war. It's that sweet chewy-nougat of gore soaked game play we've been waiting for since the 360 came out.

Heroics

ReheatedHeroics said:
sweet chewy-nougat of gore soaked game play we've been waiting for

LOL!!
that's a sweet quote right there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I got it on the 12th. I love it. The graphics are amazing, and the controls are surprisingly simple.

I love how when you go into the dark during Nightfall, and those bat like things munch you up, or when you get hit with a particularly powerful weapon, you just explode, and splatters of gore, gibs, and big' chunks o' meat fly everywhere.

Chainsaw pwns, too.

I finally got my limited edition copy on Saturday, if anyone didn't know it came with 1 DVD on the inside of the game, the game itself, and a book called Destroyed Beauty written by Cliff Bleszinski, Jerry O' Flaherty, and Eric Nylund, yes the Halo Novel writer, and it all comes encased in a metal box.

I love Gears of War, Love the chain saw bayonet
I bought the map book after I played more than half way thru
but even with the book I still missed most of the cog tags
I found 11 out of 30, I would get so into the game I forgot to look
for those tags. I am at the last chapter now and Dom keeps getting his butt kicked by running off and attacking the Big Bestie guy
and I cannot get close enough to help him with out getting cut down by those flying Kryll or smashed by the Big Guy.

I got invited to play a co-op last Saturday and everytime I play in a co-op Once the game starts it turns into every man for him self. no body ever sticks together as a team.

Spartan 648

What difficulty setting are you playing on?

If it's anything below insane, you can beat that last level pretty easily.

In the train car before General Raam swap out your lancer for the sniper rifle. For your other gun you should have the torque bow, there's one in the car along the left wall. Make sure your ammo is maxed, and head out the doors.

Through the whole battle live by this rule, If Dom goes down he's gone don't try to revive him. Also the turret on the far end is worthless.

At the start of the battle equip the torque bow, charge it behind cover, then pop out and nail her with it. right away switch to the sniper, and headshot Raam 'till her kryll shield returns then use the torque bow again. If she gets close blind fire over the top of the wall using your grenades and pistol. when she starts to go around the wall your on sprint down to the other end of the train, staying in the light as much as possible.

When you get down by the turret go up the ramp just a tad, until you can see the top of Raam's head, do the bow snipe combo deal again.

rise and repeat until dead

If your playing on insane get some help. It can be done alone, but you'll go through a few 360 controllers after hurling them at the wall time, and time, and time again.

ReheatedHeroics said:
What difficulty setting are you playing on?

If it's anything below insane, you can beat that last level pretty easily.

In the train car before General Raam swap out your lancer for the sniper rifle. For your other gun you should have the torque bow, there's one in the car along the left wall. Make sure your ammo is maxed, and head out the doors.

Through the whole battle live by this rule, If Dom goes down he's gone don't try to revive him. Also the turret on the far end is worthless.

At the start of the battle equip the torque bow, charge it behind cover, then pop out and nail her with it. right away switch to the sniper, and headshot Raam 'till her kryll shield returns then use the torque bow again. If she gets close blind fire over the top of the wall using your grenades and pistol. when she starts to go around the wall your on sprint down to the other end of the train, staying in the light as much as possible.

When you get down by the turret go up the ramp just a tad, until you can see the top of Raam's head, do the bow snipe combo deal again.

rise and repeat until dead

If your playing on insane get some help. It can be done alone, but you'll go through a few 360 controllers after hurling them at the wall time, and time, and time again.

The walk thru guide I bought suggests using the torque bow
and the lancer. using the torque bow to scatter the kryll then switch to the lancer and un-load a clip into Raam, either method was useless
to me I would get cut down by the kryll or shot by Raam's chain gun
So I am not sure how this happened but I was still behind the first barrier and Dom was attacking Raam and I would hit Raam with the torque bow then the Lancer then Dom was behind the same barrier
I ran out of torque arrows only the lancer now and a grande or two
then Raam comes around the barrier and keeps walking into it
as if no one is there, I pull the trigger no ammo I start the chain saw
bayonet and the next thing I see is Raam falling dead :wowie:
at least I think that's how it happened :ha:

So now I am done playing Gears of War cannot wait for part two

Spartan 648

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys after a few games online i quickly noticed ppl droping the pistol for a 3rd main wep and i was wondering if any one knew how pull of this trick

----
bump

Wanderingron1n is also my gamertag. at the present i suck at everything. but i guess thats what 8 months off xbox live will do to you. i was a 31 in slayer now im a 19(2 dif accounts btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back