Modeling/Converting to Pepakura Designer models

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowhunter

I've been snooping around the site for maybe about a week now, and I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on how you would go about creating or converting (models from the Pepakura database) for use with the Pepakura Creator. I couldn't help notice that the models from the database become ungodly figures when you unfold them, especially when it comes to (what I think) rather simplistic models such as the rocket launcher. I also have Autodesk Maya and was wondering if anyone had any knowledge if whether or not I can use it to create models for Pepakura and if there is, can you put me in the right direction?

P.S
I apologize before hand if there is already a topic/tutorial on this

-TJM

I have 3ds max 8, it makes 3ds models which are compatible with pepakura, theres other programs too, anything compatible will work as a model as long as it's low poly, too many poly's and you'll find out the project has 10mill folds and 500 pages.

AoBfrost said:
I have 3ds max 8, it makes 3ds models which are compatible with pepakura, theres other programs too, anything compatible will work as a model as long as it's low poly, too many poly's and you'll find out the project has 10mill folds and 500 pages.
Hmm...well I believe that 3d Max is owned by Autodesk and I would imagine that Maya should have the same capabilities, maybe I just got to look harder >_<. Would you know if exactly what the database is for in the Pepakura Forum is used for? Is it just for references?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back