Molding Halo 3 Legendary Edition Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am a complete noob at molding but I have recently though about molding my halo 3 legendary edition helmet. First of all:

Is it possible?

If so can I scale it up?

Thank you in advance!

I was watching some show about bigfoot, and they enlarged a silicon foot mold with rubbing alcohol (i think) to prove that realistic, big foot prints could be made from normal sized feet. You could do some research and do that. All they did was make a silicon mold of someones foot, and let it soak in a bin a rubbing alcohol.

elmnt4lfe said:
I was watching some show about bigfoot, and they enlarged a silicon foot mold with rubbing alcohol (i think) to prove that realistic, big foot prints could be made from normal sized feet. You could do some research and do that. All they did was make a silicon mold of someones foot, and let it soak in a bin a rubbing alcohol.

it was turpentine (paint thinner)

Last edited by a moderator:
you should start by taking a mould from something simple to get a feel for your materials before attempting a complex shape, with practice you will become a very talented recaster, which is exactly what this forum needs more of :)

why dont you vacume form it but leave each layer of plastic on and vacform over the previous layer until you have desireded size

Good luck man (or woman, whatever floats your boat ;) )

why dont you vacume form it but leave each layer of plastic on and vacform over the previous layer until you have desireded size
Each layer of plastic would be about 2 or 3 mm thick, and you cant get hard crisp lines by vac forming, so you'd be loosing more and more detail as you added layers. After about 3 layers, it probably wouldn't even be recognisable as a halo helmet.

NZ-TK said:
with practice you will become a very talented recaster, which is exactly what this forum needs more of :)
I hope that was sarcasm. o_O

Are you kidding? this things off the chart!
aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back