Molding my helmet 2marrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN 094

Im going to put expanding foam in my helmet seal it then pour paster around it then MOLD!!!!!! Then Im going to pour in silicon and make silicon models. Any tips pointers?

-S-094

Your understanding of the moldmaking process may need some work..

Look at the moldmaking tutorial in the TUTORIAL LINKS thread.

Sean Bradley said:
Your understanding of the moldmaking process may need some work..

Look at the moldmaking tutorial in the TUTORIAL LINKS thread.
Well im going to press on show how it goes Im going to pick up the paster tomarrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Silicon models? Like are you intending on making flexible rubber casts of your helmet?

:unsure:

Plaster is not the best material for making a mold of your helmet for making rigid casts... but if you want to press on.... then by all means.

SPARTAN-094, you most likely would be better off using silicone rubber over plaster for your molds.

* just a helpful hint :mrgreen:

a rubber helmet would be pretty cool tho.

someone punches you in the head and their fist rebounds and they punch themself in the face. classic.

im like rubber your like glue whatever bounces off of me and sticks to you
lol

silvercookie said:
a rubber helmet would be pretty cool tho.

someone punches you in the head and their fist rebounds and they punch themself in the face. classic.

im like rubber your like glue whatever bounces off of me and sticks to you
lol

no, your not using the silicone rubber for the helmet, your using it as the mold, you would then use polyurethane as the helmet itself.

OK, Im going to make a styrofoam helmet that goes inside my perka helmet then im going to seal with expanding foam then plaster it then figberglass to make a mold and I dont know what im going to put in it for the product

so your going to make some kind of padding thats like in a motorcycle helmet
theres a styrofoam then theres the padding on that is that what your trying to do?

link4044 said:
so your going to make some kind of padding thats like in a motorcycle helmet
theres a styrofoam then theres the padding on that is that what your trying to do?
I got a perka helmet im going to take styrofoam and expanding foam and making it sturdy then pour plaster over it to make a mold but im going to test this on my forearm piece today so ill post pics later

its not going to work theplastic will bond to the helmet...at least put a thin layer of vaseline on the helmet or forearm

link4044 said:
its not going to work theplastic will bond to the helmet...at least put a thin layer of vaseline on the helmet or forearm
opps forgot to mention that im going to put on oil

I'm going to again urge you to do more research on moldmaking before you pour plaster over your helmet. It's your helmet, and you do what you're going to do, but I'm going on record as telling you this is a bad idea. Your helmet is going to get locked inside the plaster mold and you're going to have to tear it out from the inside.

Read up on 'undercuts' before you take this step....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back