Molding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan1105

Jr Member
So I was thinking about making my 3rd set of armor molded (I finished my 1st pep, and working on my 2nd pep), but I'm just making sure if you have to shape the clay into what it looks like. And also what do you have to do after you're all done with that (like how do you make it stick onto your body, like straps?).

On that topic, is there anyone out there who has a FINISHED plastic AR? If so how did u cast it? All in one? In half? I need to kno before I cast.

ninjachief18 said:
Soo you shape the helmet/armor manually??? Then you put plaster over it?? Am i correct because i dont want to post a thread :)
Yes and no, plaster could be used, but the method everyone seems to use for MC armor is silicon molding, much more detailed, but much more expensive. Plaster mold may not work with the liquid plastics, no one has done it so there is no definite answer, unless you plan on vacuum forming, plaster isnt a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
Yes and no, plaster could be used, but the method everyone seems to use for MC armor is silicon molding, much more detailed, but much more expensive. Plaster mold may not work with the liquid plastics, no one has done it so there is no definite answer, unless you plan on vacuum forming, plaster isnt a good choice.
Thank you but do you shape the helmet and armor manually??? and does Adam use Molding with the silicon?

Plaster mold may not work with the liquid plastics, no one has done it so there is no definite answer, unless you plan on vacuum forming, plaster isnt a good choice.
Maybe noone on this site... Plaster has been used as a molding material for centuries. you just have to know what you're doing when you make the mould. Yes rtv silicone is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back