More Iron Man comin' atcha! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laamberry

More Iron Man comin' atcha! (new progress!)

DSC04006-1.jpg

YAY I didn't give up on this project! Much more to come :]]

Hullo all :]
A while back I started an iron man project with the intention of posting it on here but at the time the forums were down and it ended up posted on the RPF forums instead, so some of you may have already seen these pictures before. I'm still a long way from being done with even just the helmet so bear with me please ;]

First I made a mock-up version of the sharkhead/dungbeetle pepakura file in 60 lb cards stock to see if it would fit and to get a little practice in
pep1-1.jpg

pep2.jpg

and then pepped the real deal with 110 lb cardstock
pep3.jpg

a bit later I pepped the neck seal
(credit for the pep file goes to Dancin_fool :])
neckseal-1.jpg

and then the back and chest files
(pep files courtesy of robo3687!!)
36752_1505139634534_1415564252_1329196_1623531_n.jpg

badonk.jpg

and up to today, the helmet looks like this :] lots of work to be done yet!

DSC03808.jpg

DSC03809.jpg

thanks for looking!

Your newer helmet looks great so far, no doubt it will look awesome when its finished. Any plans on how your gonna move your head with that neck seal though? looks like it would cut down on mobility once it is fiberglassed

Nice work! Thought about doing this kit myself. You certainly can assemble those files! Where do you get your Card-stock?

Your newer helmet looks great so far, no doubt it will look awesome when its finished. Any plans on how your gonna move your head with that neck seal though? looks like it would cut down on mobility once it is fiberglassed

I'm either going to cast it in something flexible or cut it apart and articulate it. Most likely the later :]

Nice work! Thought about doing this kit myself. You certainly can assemble those files! Where do you get your Card-stock?
thanks! I get my cardstock from walmart

Nice to see that you've brought your progress here!

Ill hopefully be getting mine assembled soon... but it looks great and keep it up!
(And does making a full iron man by Halloween 2010 seem possible to anybody cus that my plan)

Good Job!

Very nice Iron Man Helmet! I'm interested to see the finished product.

Hmm. I can never seem to find it there. I guess I'll have to look harder! Thank ya much!

It usually seems to be hiding somewhere near the printer paper, often to the left of it in my experience (between two separate walmarts near me). It's in a black and clear plastic wrapping (the packages of it I've seen anyways). Hope that helps a bit!

A) nice work.
Its coming together nicely.
And
2) thats what we like to see.
Credit.

Keep up all of the good work.

Nice to see that you've brought your progress here!

Ill hopefully be getting mine assembled soon... but it looks great and keep it up!
(And does making a full iron man by Halloween 2010 seem possible to anybody cus that my plan)

Good Job!
Nice work on your suit so far Laam, keep it up, the helmet is looking great!

Gallard, you should definitely be able to get a suit that is wearable by Halloween. It depends on the amount of detail you want and how much time you are willing to spend to really make it "POP"!!!
Good luck with it though.

Hmm. I can never seem to find it there. I guess I'll have to look harder! Thank ya much!

!

Where I live in Kentucky, they put the cardstock up front around where the school supplies are. 150 sheets for $4.77 of 110lb. . Hope this helps!

look great. i'm currently working on a complete suit myself. i've been trying to find a group of people to bounce ideas off of. Also how did you scale your pep files

Can't wait to see more pix!
Look around their stationary department, its usually where the coloured pencils and markers are.

Also, nice helmet. Completely forgot why I came in here. >.<

wow it looks amazing!! im new to this and really would like to make a replica like yours! could i request the link you got this from please? thanks!!

tonykins =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back