Mortal Kombat 9 scorpion build (pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hiya everyone, i know its been a while since i posted a new thread but i am starting a new project and as you know im posting a thread to keep it listed and organized.to be frank i dont see a lot of mortal kombat stuff on here, i know it isnt halo but im surprised that there isn't much. theres 4 pages of pep, i have the whole first page scored and 2 pieces cut out and glued, since its 11:42 at night i just screen capped the mask peps i have, tomorrow ill take pictures when i have more progress. so here you go. just a shoutout to nintendude/pepmaster from whom i got the files (i know hes kind of taboo around here, but i dont have a problem with him)

Capture.png

the scorpion mask im working on

Capture1.png

some more

Capture2.png

last 2

I agree MK is a great game to cosplay. And nintendude isn't really taboo, its like this. gets tired of being bothered, leaves. comes back. leaves again, offering another site. comes back. Leaves And I think we're caught up by now?

I agree MK is a great game to cosplay. And nintendude isn't really taboo, its like this. gets tired of being bothered, leaves. comes back. leaves again, offering another site. comes back. Leaves And I think we're caught up by now?

well all his accounts on here are banned, when he made an account called pepmaster he got banned in the first couple of days, i think him and one of the mods have a little beef between each other

Well puppet accounts are not allowed, but I'm sure there is a bit of something going on there. But most people, don't see him as being...TOO bad... He was, most the time, a very helpful and productive member. Anyways, How goes the mask?

Well puppet accounts are not allowed, but I'm sure there is a bit of something going on there. But most people, don't see him as being...TOO bad... He was, most the time, a very helpful and productive member. Anyways, How goes the mask?

yeah hes very productive an helpful and makes great stuff
but for the mask im not sure if its too small. i left it on default scale which is 4.17 by 5.2 by 5 which was what my measurements were but the pieces look very small so im not sure about it :/

The program measures in millimeters. and its one of two things. Either its the size of your chin, or its twice as big as my helmets, it doesn't look that big so i'm gonna go with WAY too small. measure from ...idk, middle of your nose? maybe top, to the bottom of your chin. multiply that number by 25.4, then just for good measure add 10. number should be around 115, then type this number to the "hight" box. everything else will self adjust.

The program measures in millimeters. and its one of two things. Either its the size of your chin, or its twice as big as my helmets, it doesn't look that big so i'm gonna go with WAY too small. measure from ...idk, middle of your nose? maybe top, to the bottom of your chin. multiply that number by 25.4, then just for good measure add 10. number should be around 115, then type this number to the "hight" box. everything else will self adjust.
yeah my measurements i put were in inches i moved the height scale to 5 inches and it seems better

103_0662.jpg

got about 2 pages done after having to re-scale it up a bit to 5 inches height. i know it doesnt look like much but the pieces are all glued together

ok guys, update time. i scrapped the mask i was working on because nothing in the front was coming out right, i restarted and im going to try and build the mask in three different pieces then attach them together when im done. ill keep you guys updated

hey guys, re-scrapped my facemask and went with a different piece and theres an explanation:
-the file's unfold was just horrendous so it was taking forever to do a small piece and all the pieces had weird tri-folds or stuff like that
with that being said, i shall show you the file i switched to, which is scorpion's mask from MK vs DCU:
Capture2-1.png

and thought i since i was making a MK mask that i would watch the original mortal kombat movies:
Capture1-1.png

i should finish the new mask tomorrow, so have a good labor day and talk to you soon

okay guys i finished the mask, but a little lopsided, no worries though, when i fiberglass and put some bondo, you wont be able to tell :)
103_0668.jpg

103_0669.jpg

103_0670.jpg

103_0671.jpg

103_0672.jpg

103_0673.jpg

i might make the kunai next, but im not sure if im going to use fake chain links or actual rope, you decide

stay cool

I would go with rope mainly because Scorpions harpoon never used a chain.

harpoon.jpg

thanks for the reference pic, my friend.
but in MK9 he uses a chain

chain.jpg

EDIT: just poured some resin and rondo into the mask because i didnt have a brush to put it on the out side, and i held it so it didnt deform too much pictures tomorrow

sorry for double post, but no one is commenting.
i dipped it in a rondo mixture because i didnt have any brushes so i dipped it, then spooned the mixture on and then i let it hang over a tin foil covered bowl to drip into. going to let it harden for 2 days then going to sand and detail all weekend
101_0674.jpg

101_0675.jpg

101_0676.jpg

101_0677.jpg

101_0678.jpg

101_0679.jpg

more updates this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back